DRT . .dDRT??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is normal Ddrt clutter and the reason many use spliced eyes. I spent ages trying to solve the problem as it creates slop as well which is annoying on ascents. An extra large caribiner is another option...

Before SRT was invented drt was how we ascended, foot locking up. Most didnt even use a prussic. I remember old timers would lock their legs and work off the double line. ISA sponsored events use to have competitions using drt.
I still sometimes use it, but I think foot lockings a dieing art.

Before SRT was invented drt was how we ascended, foot locking up. Most didnt even use a prussic. I remember old timers would lock their legs and work off the double line. ISA sponsored events use to have competitions using drt.

Good times for sure,
I remember back in the day day, if you could not footlock (no prussic back then) 30', you were not hired.
Jeff

It is a climbing style that is going away. All the new toys out there make it much easier on the body.

It is a climbing style that is going away. All the new toys out there make it much easier on the body.

I think it also sissy-fies them,
I think a climber should know all the 'old school' just to have a plan 'B',,
I mean, a climber that cuts his wrist or arm or something could bleed out quick,
an old school climber can tie a taut line hitch with one hand easily and get down,
Jeff

Agreed the new tools make it easier on the body. I've tried footlocking up a doubled line a little; even with professional instruction on technique and I still found it extremely difficult, requiring super grip strength and abs of steel. It may be quick if you've mastered it, but it's going to take a lot of time and working out to get to that level.

Back