Drying firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need heat to dry wood, the new kilns are using dehumidifiers instead.

Dehumidifiers also don't address the insect sanitation problem that's driving a lot of the kiln-dried firewood regulations.

Maybe a combination. It's certainly easier to achieve the high core temperatures with green wood (water conducts heat well), then maybe switch to a dehumidifier mode once the sanitation heat has been achieved.

(And re-reading some of the last posts, I think this is just what Billsfirewood is describing!)

Last edited:
Answer

This year we had 1500 tons of firewood it is always been plenty. This year the light bills in this area jumped to $700.00 to $800.00 a month. People were burning a couple cord a year now they are burning about that much a month. We have close to a 100 plus firewood sellers and they calling me to buy firewood to resell. Firewood went down to $20.00 to $30.00 a rank. I am buying the $20.00 dollar stuff and stock piling it cause it wet for next year. I call it cull wood got bark dirt green needs dry and rolled in my roller clean it up. It's oak and hickory. I got a bunch of piss oak and sold it not do that agin. My customers come back on me like a mad dog. Later back to work

Latest posts

Back