Dumb carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found 3 Poulan 42cc (model 2150) saws sitting in a box at the dump. All three started with the mix that was in them - so I figured I'd grab them for loaners, dirty conditions, etc. Anyways, I cleaned up the best looking one and did a muffler job (pre cat). I had to open the L screw 2.5 turns to get it to start and adjust the idle. I don't believe there are any leaks because it will idle thru a tank of gas and runs up to full speed and back down perfectly - runs very nicely with the muffler mod. Is it possible that the small Walbro carb needs that setting because of the muffler mod? Could the needles be switched? What do you guys think?

If they have a purge bulb they can suck air when they go bad.Just went through that with a little homelite.Plug up the line from the carb to the bulb at the carb side and see if your adjustments don't go back to a more normal setting.

If they have a purge bulb they can suck air when they go bad.Just went through that with a little homelite.Plug up the line from the carb to the bulb at the carb side and see if your adjustments don't go back to a more normal setting.

Let me know if you try that and it changes anything. I've got a PP210 and a 2150 and they're both about 2 and 1/8 out on low. I had to replace the primer/purge bulb on the 2150, so it's new. All new fuel lines on both.

It does have a purge/primer bulb and I will check that - Thanks.

Latest posts

Back