dumb stuff we do

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tree MDS
Several (actually many) years ago I yanked out a conifer stump with the truck in someones front yard, and pulled out a water pipe, not that dumb but ever wanting to keep customers happy I dived straight on to the broken pipe like I was going to be able to stop the flow. I wrestled with that pipe for several seconds before giving up. Greeeen horrn!

Now that right there is pretty a GD funny mental picture, lol.

Climbing mike

Climbing mike

ArboristSite Operative
I was at a stop light in my grapple truck looking over at the gas station at this beautiful girl getting gas. I looked up the light was green and the cars in front of me were moving. I hit the gas and was staring at the girl, when the truck started it shook a little like a transmission slip. I was staring at the girl and I kept hearing a screeching sound, when my helper said are you going to stop I said why he said your pushing the car in front of you down the road. I was at 25 mph and the lady in a small compact car was in front of me standing on the brakes but kept getting faster.

I would love to have had that on tape. Turns out it was a neghbor of mine and she got an estimate of $1100 but told me to give her $500 and she was happy.

matt9923

matt9923

Stihl bustin knuckles
I have one that happend a while ago, I was workign on a saw and wanted to check if the gas line was holding air so i put the compressor up to in and held down the air...... O #### hight presshure gas comes spraying out at my face all over me the eyes mouth ext. I was pissed i forgot to drain the dam gas. Either way it was a dumb idea.
Matt

rngrchad

rngrchad

Addicted to ArboristSite
High Voltage Power Line

I was hauling reject cement mix in a 20 ton t-800 Kenworth.
Backed into the freshly excavated drive, raised the bed and promptly dumped 20 ton in a nice clean pile. I pulled my truck forward about 20 feet, yank the air brake and get ready to jump out of the truck and onto a dozer to spread it out....all of the sudden I hear a buddy of mine screaming on my CB all while he is blowing his air-horn full tilt! "DON'T GET OUT DON'T GET OUT POWER LINE IS CAUGHT ON YOU TRUCK." I couldn't figure what the fuss was all about....I stuck my head out the window and there was a live high-voltage line direct off the transformer drapped over my bed and part of the cab. I had to sit there for 2 hours waiting for the power company to take care of the situation. SCARY stuff. Also worthy of noting, I ripped the power line off of the house it was connected to and destroyed about 8 ft of new siding.

What a great day.

Last edited:
arbor pro

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Didn't close the tailgate tightly on my pickup yesterday. Hit a pothole and looked back in my rearview to see my new snowblower catapulting end over end down the highway at 55mph. :buttkick:

Dohhhhh!

matt9923

matt9923

Stihl bustin knuckles
got my quad stuck plowing the wood road, (got it stuck in a 1/2 frozen stream) no problem winch it out rite? nope winch cable breaks! so walk about a mile to the truck get it in their. Back up to the quad and truck slides to the left and gets stuck!!! :help: finaly hand winch the truck out and pull the quad out... It was great.
Matt

custom8726

custom8726

ArboristSite Guru
Didn't close the tailgate tightly on my pickup yesterday. Hit a pothole and looked back in my rearview to see my new snowblower catapulting end over end down the highway at 55mph. :buttkick:

Dohhhhh!
something very similar happened to me about a year ago my brand new (RACE BIKE) yzf-450 went out of the back of truck at about 50 mph:censored: :bang: I just left the track and the bike only had 4hrs on it.

ropensaddle

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
I was hauling reject cement mix in a 20 ton t-800 Kenworth.
Backed into the freshly excavated drive, raised the bed and promptly dumped 20 ton in a nice clean pile. I pulled my truck forward about 20 feet, yank the air brake and get ready to jump out of the truck and onto a dozer to spread it out....all of the sudden I hear a buddy of mine screaming on my CB all while he is blowing his air-horn full tilt! "DON'T GET OUT DON'T GET OUT POWER LINE IS CAUGHT ON YOU TRUCK." I couldn't figure what the fuss was all about....I stuck my head out the window and there was a live high-voltage line direct off the transformer drapped over my bed and part of the cab. I had to sit there for 2 hours waiting for the power company to take care of the situation. SCARY stuff. Also worthy of noting, I ripped the power line off of the house it was connected to and destroyed about 8 ft of new siding.

What a great day.

Furred no questions.

Latest posts