"Duro" chain ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm reading that the "cutters" are welded/soldered on ? do the depth gauges get filed with a regular raker file or is there a "diamond" file for that as well.

Also can the CBN wheels be used on the "Duro" chains ?

thanks

Local shop asked me if I can sharpen "duro" chains...I said..."I'll get back to you"...

That's where I got mine. The rakers are steel and get ground like normal. The carbide is welded on. Stay sharp forever but you find one rock and it'll shatter the carbide on the teeth quickly

Whenever it comes to the Duro its expensive... chain is expensive... wheels are expensive. I've tried a few different cutting profiles and no matter what I do I think they cut like turds. Only people that buy them around here are the ones doing fence post because they are constantly diggin trenches with them. :dumb2: They HAD two different profiles at first so keep an eye out. It was RD which looked more square edged then they came out with the RD3 which is more like a semi chisel with a doodle raker.

they cut slow but are good in dirty frozen ice covered wood and you do need a diamond wheel or stone to sharpen i cut last winter in a pile and was cutting in frozen wood with 3 inches of ice on the logs along with 2 inches of dirt i wanted to see if they was worth it and used a brand new oregon chain on another saw got 3 cuts and done with it and i cut about 8 loads with the carbide chain i wouldnt use one for everyday use but cutting like i did last winter or maybe cutting a stump or roots would be a good place for it

Dremil makes diamond abrasive bits very close to the file sizes of standard Saw Chain that will work with there Saw Chain sharpening attachment. A good standard file will handle the rakers with while using a depth guage. Only the cutters are Carbide.

i bought a set of the diamond stones for the dremel but havent used them yet to many irons in the fire but i also have a second carbide chain for the 026 so i wont get in to big of a hurry to sharpen yet

I've seen diamond sharpening bits with guide that should fit in a dremel, not sure of the quality. The brand was Eze-lap. Price varies of course, but they've always been under $10 per whenever I've seen them.

Latest posts

Back