dutchwest insert blower problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
well today i shut the blower off to load the stove before work. when i turned it back on it developed this wicked noise. its not there at low speed but the faster i turn it up the louder it gets. i took it off and blew it all out with the air compressor. i checked to see if anythign was really lose or for anything obvious. the screws that hold it together are like sqaure head allen heads or something like that. ill have to go to sears and see if they carry anything like that. i dont believe its bearing related cuse it dosent rattle like that in all positions.

i called the dealer their supposed to call me back but i think their hust gonna #### me around. the stoves only 3-4 years old.

any idead on this guys its a cold weekend and i need my stove throwin heat like it should thanks, Mike

Had a similar problem on my insert blower. took it apart, back together, same problem. ended up being the external protective cover. i found it by accident. i pushed on it, and it quit. a strategically placed screw wedged into place fixed my problem.

You can usually replace sceews with odd heads like that with any machine screw that has the same threads and the same length. If you blew all the dirt out, then the rattle most likely is a rub against the housing. Check that carefully. The faster the squirrel cage spins, the more it is likely to rattle due to an out-of-balance condition. These things do not have much internal clearance.

Also, oil the shaft bearings with light sewing machine oil. My 2-speed blower actually froze up and the motor could not even turn the shaft. BTW, trying to find a 2-speed blower to replace it will be virtually impossible. Almost all commercial replacement blowers are single speed.

well i can see what the problem with it is. i still cant take it apart as i havent gotten a square type allen wrench set yet. looks like the center hub area if you wanna call it that on the motor side of the squirrel cage is all slopped out. myabe i can fix it up with some jb or something. maybe i can gt a new squirrel cage. i sure as hell aint buyin a whole new assembly for 190 bucks. when all i need is a new cage.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, the screw head is called a Robertson head. Not common here in the States, but I'm told they're fairly popular in Canada. In any event, your local Lowe's or Home Despot should have a driver, or at least a set of tips, for a reasonable price.

Back