E-bay 028WB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VAJerry

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Got itthis week. Reported no spark. Going to put in a new plug and gas and see where it is. Troubling issue is it came with the owners manual (not the troubling part) on the outside cover is written 1:25 mix I always use 1:50. Did they hurt the saw if they used 1;25?

Got itthis week. Reported no spark. Going to put in a new plug and gas and see where it is. Troubling issue is it came with the owners manual (not the troubling part) on the outside cover is written 1:25 mix I always use 1:50. Did they hurt the saw if they used 1;25?

Its probably carboned to hell. You should check.

1/25 is what stihl says or what someone scribbled on the manual.

id imagine if tuned right 1/25 would be fine. but most likeing the h is so rich its chokeing on fuel

25:1 would not hurt the saw, it just wouldn't help it run it's best.

Shouldn't really have hurt anything, but I might pop the muffler to see what the extent of carbonization is in the exhaust port and on the piston crown. I bit of carbon won't hurt much, but if it gets really thick it has a chance of chipping off and rattling around in the engine. Carbon is very abrasive.

25 to will not hurt the engine. Neglect to keep the air flter clean and improper carb adjustment is the bigger culprit to carbon build up. I ran 25 to 1 long enough to know and I had chainsaws run on 40 or 50 to 1 apart with carbon build up far worse then mine at 25 to 1. I run 16 to1 years ago when a lot of folks used 40 to 1. I recently went to 28 to 1, 5 oz to a gallon. If carbon was a problem at that, I ought to foul a spark plug once in a while. The truth is I don't ever remember fouling a plug on 25 to 1 in I would have to think in thousands of hours of run time.

Back