Early husqvarna front tensioner parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a replacement for the little square rubber/plastic nuts in the early tensioner assemblies?
I was thinking of getting some 1/8” material, oil resistant, neoprene or something and making some. I have some nos but they are so old the material basically falls apart and they are useless.

thoughts?

Found a sheet materials supply near me...gonna go see what they have.

Lately I’ve been using small e clips. So far haven’t had any problems with them falling out so I’m gonna keep doing it.
Idk why, some tensioners I've seen have eclip slots, some don't. Same applications, but some would and some wouldn't with no real rhyme or reason to it.

Has anyone come up with a replacement for the little square rubber/plastic nuts in the early tensioner assemblies?
I was thinking of getting some 1/8” material, oil resistant, neoprene or something and making some. I have some nos but they are so old the material basically falls apart and they are useless.

thoughts?

I read of a guy using a small snip of fuel line. From his pics it looked liked it worked. Haven't tried it yet.

I found using my oem echo line has been the best fix. Never a issue since doing this way for years.

Can see it there on this 266. Black.

View attachment 1139609
So, the threads don’t catch and start running the tube piece down the shaft? Cool. The old oe squares I have do that on mine so I added a c clip to one which has worked.
looks like an older 61 muffler there :p. Never seen that rounded chain catcher; everything I have is square. What year 266?
interesting.

the sq catchers are easy to make, by the way, out of aluminum angle stock, 1 1/4”x1/8” cut at 15 degrees…drill hole.

So, the threads don’t catch and start running the tube piece down the shaft? Cool. The old oe squares I have do that on mine so I added a c clip to one which has worked.
looks like an older 61 muffler there :p. Never seen that rounded chain catcher; everything I have is square. What year 266?
interesting.

the sq catchers are easy to make, by the way, out of aluminum angle stock, 1 1/4”x1/8” cut at 15 degrees…drill hole.
Nope never have on any models like this husky or poulan or jreds

Early one. Like 81 or so. I forget had so many of those.

See if I can find right saw. To many 266 saved over the years.

h266ee.jpgh266x2muffff.jpgh266fix (3).jpg
h266811.jpegh2668111.jpegh26681111.jpegh266811111.jpegh2668111111.jpegh26681111111.jpeg

Nope never have on any models like this husky or poulan or jreds

Early one. Like 81 or so. I forget had so many of those.

See if I can find right saw. To many 266 saved over the years.

View attachment 1139642View attachment 1139643View attachment 1139644
View attachment 1139646View attachment 1139647View attachment 1139648View attachment 1139649View attachment 1139650View attachment 1139651
Very nice! A very early 266. Maybe that chain catcher is SE only? I have no idea :p
is the muffler braised 1-pc or does it come apart?

thoughts?

I have made some using silicone tubing, and a circle punch
and cutting the square after the punch made circle ,then cut flush
with the case after install. the silicone will stretch some but is hard to tear

Latest posts

Back