ebay mistake with usedsaws7777

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if anything looks or sounds funny on fleebay, file a claim. i have had to do it twice now, and i do it if the item does not show up on the day it was said to be to me. i have not had to follow threw with any of the claims and i get them resovled. sometimes a seller just needs a swift kick in the arse from eebay to get the ball rolling. also always communicate thew bay mail.

Only way this can be a "fair fight" is to hear the other side of the story. We have no way of knowing what is going on in his life and just why he has not contact you.

+1

edit:: I just looked through his feedback....that guy sells a lot of saws and appears to take care of his customers. I'm going to link him to this thread.....get the other side of the story...

Last edited:
I just sold two saws on EBAY today, I have to ship one and the other guy is local. I always try to state EVERYTHING that is wrong. Even though I state all the defects, Im always scared that the buyer is going to pull some stunt to try and screw me. Im still waiting on feedback for a 08s that I sold last year, I know that saw ran MINT. Ebay is a crap shoot at best. Good Luck.

I just sold two saws on EBAY today, I have to ship one and the other guy is local. I always try to state EVERYTHING that is wrong. Even though I state all the defects, Im always scared that the buyer is going to pull some stunt to try and screw me. Im still waiting on feedback for a 08s that I sold last year, I know that saw ran MINT. Ebay is a crap shoot at best. Good Luck.

I agree with the crap shoot thing, I had a guy that wanted me to guarantee him a saw would start on two pulls before he would bid, I asked him not to bid on my stuff...

I could have warned you about him, bought a saw a while back, even spoke to him on the phone he assured me of the condition of the saw. Got the saw , it was a piece of ####, he was a complete ass hole didnt want to take the saw back, ebay changed his mind. Anytime usedsaws777 pops up I run , will not even look at his auctions, he is a CROOK!!

ebay selling

This makes me terrified to SELL saws on ebay. I'm not trying to say anything bad about the OP or seller. I have one for sale now that I represented 100% and the only bidder has 0 feedback. Now I'm afraid my 100% feedback is at jeopardy. Grrr. Maybe craigslist is the only way to go. :bang:

i had issues with the same ebay seller. i bought my 394 off him and he said it was in good working order. i had to spend over $500 in parts to make this saw a runner. new gastank, new chainbrake, new carb kit, new bar and chain new intake boot. damn that was a painfull lesson. i bought it for $600 and dropped in $500 to fix it thats $1100!!!!!1 i coulda bought a new 395 for that!!!! :angry: never buying from him again. only gonna buy from good people.

This makes me terrified to SELL saws on ebay. I'm not trying to say anything bad about the OP or seller. I have one for sale now that I represented 100% and the only bidder has 0 feedback. Now I'm afraid my 100% feedback is at jeopardy. Grrr. Maybe craigslist is the only way to go. :bang:

If you sell good products and treat people good youll be fine, I have sold a few and have had one guy try to screw me but it goes with the territory when you are wheelin and dealin

I have sold a bunch of saws on eBay and never had a problem or negative feedback. I wouldn't worry about it.

I got the saw and it started fine but was loading up so I tried to adjust the carb but it didnt make any difference. I called and told him about it and he said it was from shipping the saw and all the joseling around and to run it.

If you have to contact the seller to figure out how/why the saw doesn't run right, you have no business buying used saws from eBay.

Actually, I feel as a guy who sells a lot of saws and saw parts on Ebay, the 45 day return policy is total BS. It takes only a couple minutes with a little screw driver for guy who doesn't know what he's doing to screw up and toast a perfect running saw, let alone 45 days. Believe me, it's not always the buyers on Ebay that gets screwed.

Last edited:
I list all my saws as parts saws then describe them accurately. Most saws I've sold I haven't run for hours on end. That way if someone kills it after its sold I'm somewhat covered. I sold a mint Pioneer Farmlite a few years back. Of course I didn't run it much, thats why it was mint. A guy buys it and said after he ran it for 2 days it started bogging out, and his shop said it needed $85 worth of repairs and he wanted the money back. I told him I'd give him $30 and a brand new chain or he could send it back to me. He accepted my offer and gave me good feedback.

I list all my saws as parts saws then describe them accurately. Most saws I've sold I haven't run for hours on end. That way if someone kills it after its sold I'm somewhat covered. I sold a mint Pioneer Farmlite a few years back. Of course I didn't run it much, thats why it was mint. A guy buys it and said after he ran it for 2 days it started bogging out, and his shop said it needed $85 worth of repairs and he wanted the money back. I told him I'd give him $30 and a brand new chain or he could send it back to me. He accepted my offer and gave me good feedback.
Actually, as a seller no matter how accurate you state your listing on Ebay and even as a parts saw, nothing will cover your ass. Whether or not your Pioneer needed 85 bucks worth of parts. It cost you 30 bucks and a new chain to get+feedback. The bad thing about it is, that you will never know if the saw had problems or not. If a buyer now days files a dispute with one of my items, I don't even try to fight it. I tell them to send it back and I will refund their money. Even the very best honest sellers with years of + feedback will win a dispute case on Ebay these days and dishonest buyers knows this. Sellers have little, if any protection from crooked buyers, or inexperienced guys adjusting carbs that screw up a problem free good running saw you sold them on Ebay. I'm not saying the OP of this thread is either, but it does happen. I hope he gets his money back, or the saw returned in working order.

Last edited:
I use eBay and have nearly 1000 transactions and have 100% feedback. But I must say the whole show is a crap shoot. There are some great people there and some outright crooks. You are going to be taken down occassionally - if that galls you do not use it.

Al.

Actually, I feel as a guy who sells a lot of saws and saw parts on Ebay, the 45 day return policy is total BS. It takes only a couple minutes with a little screw driver for guy who doesn't know what he's doing to screw up and toast a perfect running saw, let alone 45 days. Believe me, it's not always the buyers on Ebay that gets screwed.

and that is why it;s just better to part them out and sell in pieces...........crazy rules :dizzy:

As a buyer I have had four bad/crummy deals on evilbay. Generally stick the my forty dollar rule. Cost plus shipping not to exceed forty dollars. I have made exceptions.:laugh:

One seller listed a saw as having 'run last fall'. It was locked up. Seller's account (gina77terry75) has been removed.

Another listed a Homelite SXL when it actually was a XL-12. Got a partial refund. Avoid that seller. (crazedpaul67)

XL-101 carcass good for parts or restore. Did not disclose fuel tank leaked. Avoid that seller.

XL-123 carcass good for parts or restore. Did not disclose handle was broken. Avoid that seller.

The rest of my 40 transactions have been fine with prompt response and shipping.:rock:

Do not hide the warts and scars. They will come home to roost.

Last edited:
Just to be clear im not sure what broke and i didnt eant to take the saw apart cause then he would think that i did something deliberate. He offered to repair the saw which was really awsome of him but, if he did he never did send it back to me he kept it.
So not alot I can do now. There are some reeally great people on here and a wealth of knowledge also. I have had 2 offers to repair the saw for free if i had it and that is what makes this site good. Good people.

If you have to contact the seller to figure out how/why the saw doesn't run right, you have no business buying used saws from eBay.

The above comment is brutal, but there is some truth there. If someone isn't comfortable trying simple adjustments or repairs on used equipment, eBay is not the place to buy used equipment.

Some problems should be obvious to the seller and should be disclosed in the listing, while some problems don't become apparant until the saw is used for a while. JSK, we have no way of knowing where your saw fits in.

Hopefully the seller will keep his promise to repair the saw & return it to you, or provide a refund. Whether or not a refund should include all shipping depends on what's wrong with the saw, and it sounds like your going to have to rely on what the seller finds.

And I wouldnt mind him telling his side of the story either. I runs saws every day for the last 15 yearsdoing tree work so Im not new to saws. And if i were to tear into the saw then he would have really thought that i did something to the saw which i didnt . I simple adjusted the high and the low to 2 turns out and then used a tach to try and set the saw to 10,500rpm which is on the safe side. It wouldnt even get close to it. Best it would get is like 7800 at 3/4 turn out on the high.

If you don't mind what is the auction #

I was lucky around %70 percent of the time when I bought a couple of big old saws a few years back on ebay (a Homelite 1020, 1130G, McCulloch 797 & 660) Got burned on a couple of 707's and a 925.. have to say I won't play that game unless I'm looking for a parts saw. There is value in being able to see what it is you are buying. Even more value if you can both see it and it has a dealers backing should there be an issue. Its just a statistical game..some will be good some won't. Move the odds in your favor if you really need the saw by buying where you can go check it out...or risk this stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back