Ebay MS290 warning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcdan

Reaction score
Guys - stay away from the MS290 listed by a seller from Falls, PA. Auction ends tomorrow. I bought that saw from him a couple months ago, discovered 90psi of compression and used the Paypal Buyer Protection Program to get my money back. The saw is cooked....but he's modified the description this time to cover his butt.

I'm a one-saw amateur, but I've learned a ton from reading what you guys have to say out here.....really enjoy it.

Guys - stay away from the MS290 listed by a seller from Falls, PA. Auction ends tomorrow. I bought that saw from him a couple months ago, discovered 90psi of compression and used the Paypal Buyer Protection Program to get my money back. The saw is cooked....but he's modified the description this time to cover his butt.

I'm a one-saw amateur, but I've learned a ton from reading what you guys have to say out here.....really enjoy it.

How can you tell it's the same one?

He reposted the exact same pictures he used the first time he listed it.

ggrttt.jpg

We'll see if he posts an accurate reply.

No, and I should have asked for a compression reading. I hadn't been exposed to the wisdom that exists on this forum yet. I went off the "runs excellent" description. When I got it, it was tough to start, ran terrible, and wouldn't idle without dying. The throttle response was the slowest I'd seen from any power tool. I learned my lesson, and without losing my money, thankfully.

Just did it. It had slipped my mind. .....too occupied jacking with Paypal and acquiring a new saw.

Latest posts

Back