Ebay people not all bad--Stihl crank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looking for a 051/075/076 crank. found one on ebay tonight.
051 crank, Buy it now $20 + $7 shipping. I was tickled, I used
the BIN button.........Then the little light came on, Lake had
posted that early 051 cranks would not work in the 075/076 saws.
Emailed seller, told him that I should have ask before I bought :bang:
also told him what saw I was to use it in. he replied back, don't
think it will work. He had bought it for a 075 saw and won't work.

Ended up he refunded me all but one dollar :clap:

I hear about allot of people getting burnt......but this guy
went above and beyond. I know it is a small amount of $
I messed up and he took care of it.

So if any one has a Crank....PM me :)

I agree

I have bought nearly 170 items on ebay. I have never had anything that was bad that wasn't refunded. Only thing that I bought that didn't work out was a video camera that was sold as is and not tested. It was crap, and I bought it taking a chance, my bad, not the sellers. Only cost 10 bucks and I got my 10 bucks worth. I bought a Johnny 920 for 130bucks a few monthes ago, and it cuts like nothing I have ever had before. Mostly good folks selling good stuff. A couple of criminals thrown in. JR

Found the same.

I,ve only been burned once in 5 years on ebay.
Just picked up a P&C for an 041 that looks almost brand new,not a mark anywhere.$21.00 shipped.Real Happy!!
Just watch the sellers feedback.

Some Good always comes from Bad.

One Kinda bad thing that happened on eBay....

At the time I found a pile o' junk 066 in a scrap yard with a broken handle, bad piston and cylinder, I think it was driven over. Bought it for $5.00 as dirty aluminum.
Anyway, I bought a used cylinder from a guy in Washington. It came and I took it to my amish buddies at the stihl dealer because at the time I couldnt pour piss out of a boot when it came to saws. They were fixing the saw for me ($55.00/ hour!)
Well they called me and told me the cylinder had a stripped spark plug hole they could fix it, but what did I want to do? I told em I would call that guy in Washington and ask him about it.
Well I called the guy, and the nerve! He told me to send it back and he would get me another one. I said ok shipped it off.
Couple of days later, this guy calls me back on the phone and tells me he had made a mistake. He didn't have another cylinder he could send me. WTF? WTF?? WTF???
He tells me he could refund my money, or I could pay a little more and he would send me a "Mod-eee-fied" cylinder. I was like "whats that all about?"
In total, I think I paid about $120. for a ported and polished, with boost ports installed, for a cylinder built by the legendary Dean at Washington Pro saws.
The Rest is history. The Amish put the saw together with Deans help, and when they fired it up and ran it. It almost blew their beards off, and caused'em to be bug eyed!
Now, I am the only one that works on my saws, unless its an 029 or 039. I hates working on them. And that was just over a year ago.
And now I am about 3 months from having a full blown saw shop, constantly modding mufflers and distributing GB bars. All the while putting the profit back into capital, in the way of equipment tools and upgrades.
Do not take lightly the relationships that can develop from a bad experiance. Every bad experiance gives oppurtunity to develop freindship, even the ranting lunatic that stands there yelling at you.
Several freinds have come out of bad experiances on this site and others. Most people will try and work out issues with mistakes.

With Great Esteem,
Scott.

Ebay's not all that bad

I paid too much for (1) item in which the condition was misrepresented but I more than made up for it with some great deals on some other items. Like Scooterbum said, check seller feedback.

http://needlawnmowerparts.com

Has a 10's of thousands of different mower, saws, and various other outdoor equipment parts. You can even view exact schematic drawings that are interactive and the drawings tell you what each corresponding part number is. It's a truly amazing site. Their customer service is also the best...no machines people answer, never got put on hold.

Anyone else used it?

Back