Ebay shipping damage.....thoughts????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is sounding just like I imagined it....not good.

Bowtie, I have bought and sold well over 100 saws and this is the first problem I've had. The saw was packaged well, but the box was really thin. Definitely not HD saw type box...

Isn't it usual to tape the bar to something inside the box?????

:censored:

I have once before made a claim against a courier for lost items from the box, In my claim it was the person sending the item that had to make the claim. KEEP THE BOX the company will send a loss assessor round to inspect the damage and make sure the packaging was suitable, it took over 6 months to get £85 back from parcel force.

I have a UPS guy coming to "pick up" my 044 that was dropped on its rear handle, and I hope he doesn't think that he will actually get to take possession of my Preciousss... I heard a story or two of saws lost that way. I wood not allow them to take the saw.........but that's just the way I think, maybe the USPS is better about that stuff.

I ordered some saw parts from a company a few months ago. UPS tracking said it was delivered. Unfortunately, it wasn't delivered to my house. I had to contact the company I purchased from, and they had to file the claim. UPS didn't even want to talk to me. My replacement order came before the person who got my original order decided to leave it at my doorstep (less than 2 weeks). If it takes USPS several months to resolve a claim, I'll never ship anything of value with them again.

I have a UPS guy coming to "pick up" my 044 that was dropped on its rear handle, and I hope he doesn't think that he will actually get to take possession of my Preciousss... I heard a story or two of saws lost that way. I wood not allow them to take the saw.........but that's just the way I think, maybe the USPS is better about that stuff.

I told you that would happen... RETURN TO ORIGIN... bad news.. if the seller doesn't cooperate, you're screwed, and... if UPS says "insufficient packackaging" (90% they will!), you're screwed, and you have to pay to have the saw returned to you FROM THE SELLER. Sure you can get into a #### fight with paypal and Credit Cards, but..

If it was mine, I'd keep it, try to extract a small amount from the seller, and fixd the minor damage..

I told you that would happen... RETURN TO ORIGIN... bad news.. if the seller doesn't cooperate, you're screwed, and... if UPS says "insufficient packackaging" (90% they will!), you're screwed, and you have to pay to have the saw returned to you FROM THE SELLER. Sure you can get into a #### fight with paypal and Credit Cards, but..

If it was mine, I'd keep it, try to extract a small amount from the seller, and fixd the minor damage..

That is the plan. I told the lady I would not let them take my saw away, recounting the story you told a while back, and she ridiculed me, saying, "We would not be in business long if we did that, now would we?"

He will not take the Precioussss........... it cuts great, even with a cracked handle!

Latest posts

Back