ebay stikes again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

314epw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had a like new 455 listed on ebay.32 people looking at it.saw sold. to this guy.All of a sudden,listing is yanked,I get this letter stating re list etc.This guy states he never did the bidding.Now if the guy had any brains,he just needed to contact me. I could have,and I say again,could have just contacted the runner up and it would have been a done deal. NOW I have to take pictures again,and re list it from scratch:deadhorse:

Why E-bay?

Seems a few members on this site like the 455 quite abit. You could probly sell it on here as easy as you could E-bay.

I've heard there's a real rash of member fraud/spoofing going on at Ebay right now. This could be a case of that.

314epw said:
I had a like new 455 listed on ebay.32 people looking at it.saw sold. to this guy.All of a sudden,listing is yanked,I get this letter stating re list etc.This guy states he never did the bidding.Now if the guy had any brains,he just needed to contact me. I could have,and I say again,could have just contacted the runner up and it would have been a done deal. NOW I have to take pictures again,and re list it from scratch:deadhorse:

Yea, I have had it happen recently and it seems that it is starting to be a habit for someone.

Ya really have to have NO LIFE to spend time on ebay snitching someone's handle so you can make fake bids on stuff you have no interest in buying.....i just don't get it:bang:

Wow, this site has changed ( for the better), last time I mentioned Husky I got reamed.

Actually there are a couple others as well, Freakingstang likes his (modded of course) and who else............. I know of a couple others that run them, just can't think right now!!!!
Andy

fmueller said:
Wow, this site has changed ( for the better), last time I mentioned Husky I got reamed.

Nothing wrong with Husky, the 455 is not the best choice, but nothing wrong with them.
Andy

Very off topic,

Andy,

In another post a week or so ago you said that you went to the dealer to pick up a spark plug and you put your hands on a 7900. Where was this, the only Dolmar dealer I know of is the one on West Street and last time I checked, they only carried one saw for one particular customer and did not know much about the line. Were you at the dealer on S Rock?

Jim

It was West street Jim, I think it was a 7300 not a 7900 now!?! They did have a top handle Redmax and a couple of Dolmars in stock, about 3 weeks ago.
He is the only one I know right now carrying Dolmars, hope this helps.
Andy

That helps, unless I buy another saw that I don't need. Last time I was there he only carried one model and did not act like he was going to add any. I will drop by next time I am killing time in the area. Have you delt with these guys much? My only interaction was when I went by to look at the Dolmars, they did not know much about them, but they were very honest about that.

Thanks,

Jim

They are awsome for parts on lawnmowers/tillers/etc.... Seem like a nice bunch of folks. Never bought a saw from them, like the guys on Rock and it's a lot closer to home for my impulsive buying sprees:hmm3grin2orange: . Rock also carries the Husky and Echo lines. Lots of choices in one spot!
Andy

Andy,

I picked up another 346xp on ebay faily cheap. I just got it but need a few parts. I posted on the trading post. Any idea in our area which dealer would be best to look for used parts?

Thanks,

Jim

Used............. Probaly head east. They might have some out on West street, but I think the best bet would be to call Augusta. Rock carries 0 used saws and no trade ins. Tried that already:buttkick:
Andy

314epw said:

This is a great place to sell your saw.
A 455 is a nice saw someone will buy it.
I don't think you are going to hear to much flack about huskys.
Looks like Sthils are turning into two toned huskys. LOL

Andy,

I stopped by west street today, he sold the 7300 to the guy that he started stocking the Dolmars for. I really wanted to put my hands on one to see how it feels. I ask him what his bottom dollar would be for a 7900 PHO, he quoted 595.00, I almost told him to get it in. I think he was pricing a 7300. I am going to try to stay out of that store, too much temptation:hmm3grin2orange: . He did have the top handle in stock, wow that thing is light and well balanced. Good thing I have not started climbing trees!

Jim

Back