• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Echo 500VL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furb

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking to see if there is any interest in this. I had this kicking around as a project for close to 10 years. Recoil cover has a crack, clutch cover has a piece broken off it, the rubber is falling the handle, and a cover on the right side of the cylinder. It came with another saw and I never messed with it. Good compression, it had spark and I'll check it again if anybody is interested. I'll upload pics tomorrow if there is any interest. I can figure out how to upload them from my phone. 60 bucks plus shipping.

Is it a CS500VL and if so, do you have the serial # for it? Where you at in Pa.?????

Yes its still in effect.I emailed echo customer service back a few months ago to make sure.

Thanks for checking. I wonder what new saw they'll provide (or what other action they may take) when somebody brings in a CS500VL since the CS510EVL mentioned in the recall notice is now long out of production. Guess I'll find out when I bring mine in....:D

Aaron
Go to a echo/ dolmar dealer if you can. In my experience you can get a cs500 or a 5105..... There getting paid for a new equivalent saw so they didn't care what they sold

Aaron
Go to a echo/ dolmar dealer if you can. In my experience you can get a cs500 or a 5105..... There getting paid for a new equivalent saw so they didn't care what they sold

Well crap. I had visions of walking out of my dealership with a brand new saw, so I just went to the shop and dug out the old Echo. Was in a very inaccessible spot. Finally got ahold of the saw..................and it's outside of the SN range for the recall. recall range is 00001 through 23000. My saw is 294xx. Oh well...

I took one in a trade.Wrong numbers but runs good so I spent some money on a clutch drum.Have to wait and see how it cuts.

Sorry I didn't realize there were replies to the thread. Serial is 63---. I have another one buried to check the serial on. In Womelsdorf pa 15 mikes west of reading

If I don't have that one, I should have still have a few others. I'll try find what you are looking for. These have points I think. The evl had electronic ignition I think. If that's what you are looking for I wound have one. Let me know either way. Thanks

Furb, Mine is the CS 500VL - not the EVL. Mine does have the points. Let me know if you have one and I'll send you a private message to discuss purchase. Appreciate your time. Steve

Latest posts

Back