ECHO 58 Volt Cordless Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. Hit us with the comparo.
Ok...I tried it out real quick with the charge it already had straight outta the box. Chain speed and power is nowhere close to the Echo.....the Echo has MUCH more power. Power comparison is not even close. The Echo saw is really like running a gas saw. But, I will say just from the 10 quick cuts that I made that it's got a little more power when compared to the Stihl Battery saws. This EGO saw is definitely the most comfortable and balanced saw to hold....the way the battery sits down really low is perfect. I'm predicting that I will keep this saw if it holds up. ....but I will be hoping to re-buy the Echo also in a few months in hopes that they iron out the problems.

That's what I was afraid of. The Ego feels sluggish. But compared to the Husqy it's fractional quicker through the thicker pieces.
I picked up the two amps batteries tonight. Feels a lot better than the four amps.

Well hopefully this one will run as it should, if not I'll exchanged it for the Ego.

8bd08c47c8eb5bf341e8a8b11d4ab268.jpg

Well hopefully this one will run as it should, if not I'll exchanged it for the Ego.

8bd08c47c8eb5bf341e8a8b11d4ab268.jpg
Im very interested to hear how that echo works for you....and if you have the same issues. That saw really has some power compared to anything else I've tried.

I carved with the EGO for 5 battery charges today. I got about 10 minutes each run on the 2 ah battery. I am just not happy with it. It's weak. It's not smooth.....most cuts are very chattery because there's not enough chain speed. I originally said it seemed more gutsy than my Stihls.....but after running it today thats just not true.
Also i filled the oil tank before I ran it, and it's still almost full after 5 full rounds of carving with it.

I wish this Ego had a 1/4" sprocket option. The micro 1/4" .043 chain that stihl has on there batt saws/ms150 is awesome. It's very thin and tiny teeth so there is very little resistance when cutting into wood....it's the smoothest cutting chain and great for these saws. Slices wood like its butter. The Ego would kick ass with this chain if it were an option.

I'll try to run the saw tomorrow, maybe make a video too.
Why wait ?....I know its late, but just bust that thing out in your living room and cut up the coffee table or something:)
There's no fumes...go for it!! Actually that saw will make your ears ring though, it's definitely the loudest battery saw.

I just sent a detailed email to EchoCordless support. I explained the problems I had with both saws. I also made it clear that I was very impressed with the saw when it was working properly. I told them that I'd really like to own one of these saws, and some other tools on their 58v lineup....if the glitches /powerloss issues were remedied. I will see if I get a reply.

I just sent a detailed email to EchoCordless support. I explained the problems I had with both saws. I also made it clear that I was very impressed with the saw when it was working properly. I told them that I'd really like to own one of these saws, and some other tools on their 58v lineup....if the glitches /powerloss issues were remedied. I will see if I get a reply.
Buena suerte!

Latest posts

Back