Echo 590 oiler help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just swapped out the b&c on my cs 590 to a 24" Oregon power match and full skip chain. It seems like the new setup isn't oiling properly. Judging by the puddle the pump is working fine but doesn't seem to be going through the oil port in the bar?? Anyone ever experience something similar?... Did I completely over look a minor step in replacing the bar??? I never come across this problem before.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Is your oiler turned all the way up?
What mount pattern is the bar? It should be D176.
You mention your 24" setup is new. Have you cut anything with it, possibly the oiler hole is plugged?

Yes it is d176.
Oiler seems to be free of clogs. It seems to just be dripping on the bar as opposed to oiling the chain... Maybe I need to turn it up?

i made a few small cuts on Monday then noticed a puddle of oil collect under it. I don't recall this happening with the OEM set up.

Check the oil feed hole is aligned with the port hole in the bar. Also check the bar sits flushly to saw body. You can do this by putting the bar on the saw without a sprocket cover, tightening the nuts and run the saw without the chain.
You may have a bar that has been very slighly bent/damaged during shipping.

Check the oil feed hole is aligned with the port hole in the bar. Also check the bar sits flushly to saw body. You can do this by putting the bar on the saw without a sprocket cover, tightening the nuts and run the saw without the chain.
You may have a bar that has been very slighly bent/damaged during shipping.
Good tips, thanks.

Interested in putting the same b/c on my 590, so please report back when you get this worked out, and on how the cutting performance goes.

Can you explain what you mean by "open it up"? Did you have to ream out the oil holes in the bar?

Glad to hear you like the setup, but wondering if there's a better 24" D176 match for the Echo CS-590.

Can you explain what you mean by "open it up"? Did you have to ream out the oil holes in the bar?

Glad to hear you like the setup, but wondering if there's a better 24" D176 match for the Echo CS-590.
No, just opened the oiler a bit, made sure it was aligned with the pump etc. I can't recall how it oiled with the stock bar, but it seems sufficient.

I had a bar that one of the oil holes was painted shut. You couldn't tell just looking at it. I busted out the paint with a scratch awl.

Back