echo 750 evl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezra

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does the oil adjuster on a echo 750 evl get crankcase pressure to help supply the oil to manual and auto pump as soon as i take out the adjuster it shuts the saw down or is there a problem in the case gas oil gasket?

You most likely sucked bar oil into the crankcase.

The oil pump body has three (if I remember correctly) ‘O’ rings that seal the pump body from the crankcase.

If they have gotten hard or taken a set the engine will suck oil.
Thats what i figured the case is connected to that oiler like the remingtons,my threads are stripped on the oiler adjuster so im waiting for a reply back from helicoil people on ebay to repair it.thank you never had one ripped apart yet there was chain oil locked up the saw then spitting out the plug hole

Stripped the threads on the pump body?

I seriously doubt there is enuf wall thickness to tap it out for a Helicoil.

I hope I’m wrong.
Yes,the adjuster has to sit just right for oil to flow i have nothing to loose except $7.50 for the saw at a con. sale

Howdy,
That's a piston pump that works off of a cam. It does have a pre-set adjustment. You need to take the knob off and screw the pump clockwise until you feel it snug. Then back the pump out 3/4 of a turn. Repalce the knob so the locator is it at the lowest setting. If the pump is in to far the piston stroke is to short. After about 2 turns out it loses engagement with the cam.
Regards
Gregg

Thank you 67l36driver had said that it does work off of the case cause i did have chain oil spitting out the plug and it was locked up so i kepted tension on the rope until i pushed the oil through the rings its getting ripped apart and machining the adjuster threads 10mm x 1.00 threads

Howdy,
That's a piston pump that works off of a cam. It does have a pre-set adjustment. You need to take the knob off and screw the pump clockwise until you feel it snug. Then back the pump out 3/4 of a turn. Repalce the knob so the locator is it at the lowest setting. If the pump is in to far the piston stroke is to short. After about 2 turns out it loses engagement with the cam.
Regards
Gregg
When you turn it in does the cam have to be at the lobe or flat?

Been working good Reringed and honed it along the way with the manual pump o ring had to adjust the oiler by slowly going in until the most oil was pumping out then stopped,that bottoming out turning out didn't work would post a vid but to large,thank you again everyone!

Attachments

• 20220401_161913.jpg
    20220401_161913.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back