Echo break in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best thing you can do for you new Echo CS-800 is to run remove the limiter caps and custom tune from the first moment it sees use. Be just a tad rich vs lean with the "H" speed screw, it should be "four stroking" nicely at no load then smooth up as soon as it sees some load.

I would also mix 2 gallons of 92-93 octane fuel to one bottle of mix vs 2.5 gallons, and do this for the life of the saw.

I have a good many Echo saws in my line-up, and have set up scores of them for friends and customers and absolutely ZERO issues anyplace with any of them, even in commercial use. So I doubt if you'll need to worry much about the Warranty anyhow, provided you give the saw a fighting chance right out of the gate.......FWIW.....Cliff

I would also mix 2 gallons of 92-93 octane fuel to one bottle of mix vs 2.5 gallons, and do this for the life of the saw.[/QUOTE

Mix 1 galllon of 93 octane to 5.2 oz. mix for any muffler mod and retuned Echo? With your help we just did 4 400's and 2 490's. Want the best for them and trust your advice.

I would also mix 2 gallons of 92-93 octane fuel to one bottle of mix vs 2.5 gallons, and do this for the life of the saw.

Messed up previous post. 1 gallon 93 octane to 5.2 oz. mix for any muffler mod and retuned Echo? With your help we just did 4 400's and 2 490's. Might as well do everything right.

I usually tune my stuff on the heavy side anyway, but om gonna mix up some 32:1 mix of good synthetic and 100LL avgas and tune it then. Ive found avgas is such a heavier fuel i typically have to lean most saws when switching from pump gas to avgas, so it may be just right with the carb set at its richest with limiters still in place. Time will tell

Back