Echo CS-271 - Stihl MS200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnstr1

johnstr1

ArboristSite Lurker
Echo 271T

Ayup Scout,

this saw has been sold in the UK for 10 years as the CS 2600 TES. No, it can't compare to an MS200T for power, the engine is 10cc or more smaller, BUT it's very light and I've found mine very reliable. You'll find like anything, some pegs fit certain holes and not others. Have your 200 on a 14" bar and your 271 on a 10" and you'll have tools appropriate for different circumstances. Alternatively, as someone else said, you can buy two of these for the price of one MS200 or 201. Get one mate, it's a nice little saw, and if you don't like it, sell it on ebay with little lost. TJ

fishercat

fishercat

Addicted to ArboristSite
That Echo looks gutless.

My t435 and even 192 would smoke that turd.

Get a T435,pull the limiter caps and adjust the carb. You'll like it.

Zombiechopper

Zombiechopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
these threads are hilarious

That echo looks weak. It just does. It's on the verge of bogging in 8" wood. The operator is nursing it through to let keep any kind of revs in 8" wood. Think about that for a second and consider what that would mean in the real world.

That said, I am curious. Is it strato? Is it clam? I am curious about how it could be modded.

The barefoot magician
Just wanted to ask again if anyone has any REAL experience with this new ultra light from Echo...

Hey E&E, hope you can get that vid up...and let me what you think of it.

Hey scout, have had a echo 270t now for 2 weeks. Used in my boom truck on about 5 large cotton wood removals. Took a day to kinda wake up. Very light and agile a plus. And price. However Underpowered , filmsy brake and small oil and gas ports make for a potential mess , a minus.(more so if your new ground guy is filling it up) . dont plan on any spear cuts or chasimg a cut when you need to......I use this in conjunction with my 36o stihl. having a double scabbard on my bucket. I have 3 beat down non running 200ts and I'm now at the point I'll spend the money to fix them before I buy another echo.

oldfortyfive

oldfortyfive

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
While, another year has passed and I'm still very happy with my 271t. It starts easy and runs well. It pretty much lives in the back of my truck so I always have a saw with me. It's strictly a light duty trimming saw, but will still get me by until I can get back with a real saw. I bought it for the small size so I'd actually keep it with me and have no regrets.

Latest posts