Echo CS-3000 hard to start cold

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyboy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am kind of new to this, but have found lots of valuable info on your site. I have an Echo CS-3000 that does not start well when cold and will not idle when cold. Once it is warm, it seems to do ok. I tried to adjust the carb, and I think I did OK, but I am not 100% sure I did it right. It has a new fuel filter and air filter. The sprocket is pretty worn. Any idea what might be wrong? Does it need a carb kit?

I am also wondering if the clutch spring is worn out because I cannot get the thing to stay running with the chain not moving at all. Right now, at the idle speed that I set, the chain slowly moves around the bar like the clutch is barely rubbing.

Sounds lean on the low circut, try adjusting the low adjuster out about 1/4 turn or so, you might have to turn the idle speed adjust up as turning the low adjuster should slow the engine down, that should help the cold idle and starting. Unless the carb is clogged some. Steve

Back