Echo CS-360T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff R

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
We just aquired one, and haven't really put it to the full test. It seems to have some sort of "governor", which makes it somewhat difficult to set on the high speed mixture.

Initially our impression of the saw is OK, seems to rev just a tad slow, but has decent power in the cut, plenty of power at high rpms', good chain speed, etc. It does however, at full RPM's no load, seem to retard the timing or something, every few seconds or so.

It's new, so I'm being a bit conservative with it for the first couple of tankfuls. Any advice helping us to get it set up are greatly appreciated.....Cliff

I talked to a tech at a Service Center. He said that they use a "chip" in the ignition, very sophisticated. It senses the rpm's and compensates somehow? He said that it also adds timing to help at lower rpms as well.

I've never seen anything like it, but played with it some more yesterday, and managed to get it set pretty close. To early to tell how well I'm going to like it? It seems to have decent power, I just wasn't used to having a saw that varied in rpm's at no load, like it was on some sort of rev limiter......Cliff

Back