Echo CS-360T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff R

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Finally had an opportunity to run the 360 a bit. The high winds went thru here yesterday, and down came the largest tree on our property, an old "lonesome" pine. I hated to see it come down, been there a long time, it's apprx 3' in diameter, pretty big for any tree in these parts.

Anyhow, I had recently purchased an Echo CS-360T, and was having some minor issues getting the carb set correctly. It took quite a bit of cutting yesterday, but I believe I've got it. The darned thing has some sort of rev limiting module or "chip" in it. It retards the timing at high rpm's, or something that causes the engine to slow down slightly? Anyhow, I kept messing with the high speed screw, about 1 screwdriver blade at a time. Started out a bit rich, then slowly leaned it up, then headed back rich again. the entire time it fools you into thinking you've got it right, as the engine will surge some at really high rpm's at light/no load, and at other times try to "run away".

I did find a point where we could get it to "4 stroke" just a few rpm's below the rpm limiting device. Once the ideal setting was found, we cut up most of the old pine tree with it, till the 16" bar was no longer effective.

Overall I'd rate this saw as pretty good. Power to weight ratio is very good to excellent, it would be even better with a 14 or even 12" bar. It starts easily and idles forever without the first hint of ever wanting to stall out. It's a high speed engine, no doubt about that, but still "lugs" pretty well. I still like my two Mac PM 320/330's equally as well, if not better, as they have more torque at lower rpm's. They do not idle nearly as well, especially if not kept level at all times, or right after coming off of a heavy cut.

Anyhow, it was or first experience with an Echo top handle saw with a piston ported engine, not bad at all, and very reasonably priced, and a big upgrade from their CS300-301's.....Cliff

Thought I would bring up one of Cliff's threads on the Echos, to help out the new guy with the 360, he needs to read Cliff's other threads.

Latest posts

Back