Echo- Cs-530

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Not a mis-type...The NEW CS-530 is here at last! ITs been in the works for sometime now on the downlow.

We got our first one in and it sold within a few hours. The saw has all the new Orange cladding, the new engine, factory Rim Drive clutch, plus all the features that made the Previous CS-520 one of the finest Firewood saws on the market. Echo has also upgraded the Top Handle to a new design. It feels a little bigger in diameter, but the rubber coating is thinner and you can really get a firm grip on it.

They also reinforced the muffler with a front support, dont think there was ever a problem there, but its reinforced as the devil now...

Ive been told that all new Orange machines are getting the new engine, however the website isnt specifiying that it has the Vortex engine...Im going to say it does, but Ill confirm that 100% as soon as I can.

This is a nice saw, and even has the new 2 post chain brake for all the 1 post haters.

CS530_1.jpg

new 50cc echo

excellent, another saw in the 50cc class that the 346xp can be better than....:buttkick:

I love this statement: "This is a nice saw, and even has the new 2 post chain brake for all the 1 post haters."
-----------------------
Would you believe that after the chain brake post on my Mac 3514 broke in half six yeras ago, I replaced the entire assembly with one that I made in the shop using two pieces of hickory?

That hickory chain brake lever with still just one post operates perfectly and has never broken. Pictures available upon request. :chainsaw:

Now, back to OP. If the Echo CS 520 can hold its own against a Stihl MS 260 and do it for $100 to $150 less, it has a chance. What I would hope is that this engineering is in the same league as my old 3900 that I cannot kill and a saw that performed flawlessly again today cutting another cord of elm and ash.

Last edited:
For what its worth, We dont even stock the 1 post chainbrakes. Havent had to replace but 1...and that was on my personal CS-520, after the previous owner Broke the band from abuse, then began twisting and forcing the handle in anger...finally he broke it off..

That is how I came to own the CS-520...I fixed it, he refused to pay the bill...sorry sucker..

75 dollars in parts isnt a bad price for a barely used CS-520. The parts were a bar, chain, clutch rim, brake band, and brake lever. 165lbs of compression, and it just gets better and better.

Yup, I handled one at the Paul Bunyan show today. Cant say about the new motor because the rep in the tent was less than knowledgable.

For what its worth, We dont even stock the 1 post chainbrakes. Havent had to replace but 1...and that was on my personal CS-520, after the previous owner Broke the band from abuse, then began twisting and forcing the handle in anger...finally he broke it off..

That is how I came to own the CS-520...I fixed it, he refused to pay the bill...sorry sucker..

75 dollars in parts isnt a bad price for a barely used CS-520. The parts were a bar, chain, clutch rim, brake band, and brake lever. 165lbs of compression, and it just gets better and better.
Red, if I could find a CS-520 today for less than $180, I would buy it today.

On the other hand, this new CS-530 is a saw that Stihl, Husky, and Dolmar will have to reckon with. Thank you for posting it. Meanwhile, please forgive me for bragging about my vintage 3900. I love my Stihl MS 361, but anyone who has seen me run my Echo 3900 is stihl amazed at its remarkable performance. :chainsaw:

I wonder how echo is doing overall these days in sales...

All the landscapers in my area used to love echo trimmers and blowers--now everyone is using redmax.

Yup, I handled one at the Paul Bunyan show today. Cant say about the new motor because the rep in the tent was less than knowledgable.

And thats a darn shame. Ive heard the same about some Stihl and Husky reps, they do exist, and Im sad to say that Echo has them too as you experienced.

A rep is just that. They represent the brand, the products, and the people who stand behind them...to have one that is so deep in the business and doesnt know if the new saw is a new or old engine...sad.

We have more on order, Ill uh...pop off a muffler cap and take a peak at the piston. 1 ring = Vortex, 2 rings = Tornado, its that simple.

What did you think of the new loop handle?

I don't think it is a bad looking saw.

I would prefer a see through fuel tank. Nice to know when you're gett'n low.

Red,

Did you get to run the saw? Just curious on how it cut. Glad to see echo going to the orange and black on saws.

Ran it, but not in wood, I wanted to, but the customer was in a bit of a hurry to put it to work himself. Not if he'd have liked me devirginizing he new :censored: He did pickup a loop of Oregon non-safety Semi Chisel .325 for it, to replace the stock chain.

I will describe him as "Giddy".

Price out the door was less than 435.00 as I recall. 7.5% tax here...:censored:

Probably would have cut about as fast as my 520, but after the first few tanks it will likely pull harder. Im seriously looking at buying one of these suckers...its a great looking saw and I was so impressed how easily it started.

Ive got to do some mods to the 520 now...got to save face even though she is now obsolete.:cry:

I don't think it is a bad looking saw.

I would prefer a see through fuel tank. Nice to know when you're gett'n low.

It would be nice, at first, but a transparent tank gets dirty, fades, becomes hard to see over time. However, being able to be made out of a normal plastic/polymer, the tanks Echo uses are very tough and durable, have never had to replace one, even on the most abused saws.

The only change I would make, and this is jsut nit picking, but the decal on the bar cober is ORange background, White ECHO letters...Id like that decal to be black, with orange Echo bars in reflective print, and ECHO in white....The current decal is just a little odd to look at, at first.

Back