Echo CS-590- Strange noise when idling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One has said it and I will also. My cs590 has made that noise since day one. I brought it home and I could hear it. Figured it's got a five year warranty so it something goes then it goes. Never had one issue and still making that noise.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

I have a CS590 that makes this sound as well. I've had the saw for two years, I believe that the noise started within the first year of use.

I also have a CS 7310 that has "maybe" 8 tanks of fuel through it. It just recently started making this noise as well but it is a little more pronounced (louder) than that of the 590. I swear that the saw "jumped" a little as it was sitting on the ground idling. That is a little concerning to me.

I haven't dug into either of the saws. I always assumed that it was the oiler chirping but I am not overly familiar with all the internal workings (fairly new to cutting ALL the time to feed an OWB that is undersized for our house:mad:)

I bought the 590 at a local Home Depot so no service options there really. The 7310 I bought from a local dealer so I might take it in later today to see if they have heard this noise in the past. If I find anything out I'll update here.

Travis

Well, I didn't take either of the saws into the shop but I did send them an email describing the noise.

According to the tech, it is the clutch partially engaging and slipping in the drum due to a high idle speed. He said that they have seen this before and lowering the idle speed takes care of the "chirping" noise.

Hope it helps

Travis

Hi All,

I recently had my saw serviced. I ran it the other day and noticed an odd sound when it's idling. I have posted a link below to a short video of the saw running as i can't upload it here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aGxKvKFzV8sp1qEA9
Does this sound normal to you? Should i be concerned or am i just paranoid?

Thank you!
Hey mine dose the same thing and its brand spanking new. I think its coming from the clutch side like the chirp of a dry clutch bell bearing but mine was lubed it come and goes idk what it is yet

Latest posts

Back