Echo cs-600p owners?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone running a echo 600p, looked one over at the dealers today, looked well made, any issues with them, what's the power output?, there site only gives cc's no hp #'s:mad:

They wanted 599.99 + the tax, lowell briggs in comeauville is were I looked at it. I think echo has a $20 rebate going on before X-mas. Not sure if Saulniers has one or not? He told me that he's getting more saws in hopefully before X-mas(Lowell Briggs)

Last edited:
None at Saulniers yet. My wife works there, and she is keeping her eyes open for one to come in.

If you get one or look one over, let me know what you think. It was nice saw the one I looked at, felt a little porky but well constructed, the one he had came with a Echo branded power mate bar 16" he told me they shipped it with a 20":dizzy::cheers:

Saw a 600P the other day. Can't complain about the build quality, not that I got real deep into it but it looked like an excellent finish. Good features, too, centrifugal air precleaning, steel anti-vibe with limiters, dual spikes (optional). It did feel a little heavy for the size, though. On the shelf, it wanted to tip forward (I think it had a 20" bar), but I was quite surprised that when holding it, it felt very well balanced and not nose heavy like I expected.

Unfortunately the weather was bad and I was not able to try it out.

I looked one over at the Paul Buyan show last fall, could have run the thing but didn't. My first impression was just like you all's, like a little heavy for the CCs but looked to be top notch construction. It is very different than the other Echo saws and not like a Shidaiwa either, anyone know if it's an outsourced saw?

I looked one over at the Paul Buyan show last fall, could have run the thing but didn't. My first impression was just like you all's, like a little heavy for the CCs but looked to be top notch construction. It is very different than the other Echo saws and not like a Shidaiwa either, anyone know if it's an outsourced saw?

Not outsourced, but part of Echo's ongoing overhaul of their saw lineup. Apparently, they are attempting to improve their saw lineup, according to the rep nearly all models will be undergoing major changes in the future, and more new models incoming.

With the recent Echo/Shindaiwa merger, they dominate the market in three categories. Trimmer, blowers and hedge clippers. I guess Echo is trying to increase their market share in chainsaws, too.

I actually bought my 680 at a Stihl dealer. The sales rep said that many of the guys that work there prefer Echo chainsaws to Stihl based on some upgrades that Echo has made to their lineup. While I'm neither hot nor cold on Stihl saws, I'll be buying another ~50cc saw there and while I appreciate the 260 Pro they have, I'll really be looking at the CS530. If it runs like the 680 I'll buy it.

E&E you could'nt tell me what the hp rating is on that 600p, I can't find it on any of the echo sites. .ca or .usa?

I don't know what it is. (Echo does not publish HP ratings). Most of the HP data for the small (under 50cc) saws are available from the California Air Resources Board (CARB), but I can't find this model there.

I actually bought my 680 at a Stihl dealer. The sales rep said that many of the guys that work there prefer Echo chainsaws to Stihl based on some upgrades that Echo has made to their lineup. While I'm neither hot nor cold on Stihl saws, I'll be buying another ~50cc saw there and while I appreciate the 260 Pro they have, I'll really be looking at the CS530. If it runs like the 680 I'll buy it.

The CS 510, 520 and 530 are Echo's best model. Do a muffler mod and tune them right, they rip. Steve

I almost ordered in some of the Echo 600's but Dolmar cut me a deal on some 5100's with heated handles and I bought everyone of them that my dist. had so no Echo 600's at this time! But I am very currious about that saw!

I almost ordered in some of the Echo 600's but Dolmar cut me a deal on some 5100's with heated handles and I bought everyone of them that my dist. had so no Echo 600's at this time! But I am very currious about that saw!

tell that to the echo distributor and maybe they will send you a 600 demo!!!:clap:

"The CS 510, 520 and 530 are Echo's best model. Do a muffler mod and tune them right, they rip. Steve "

+1 Those are the real "sleepers" in the Echo line-up. I've to date never had a saw respond as well to a muffler mod as the CS-510.

I've owned just about every one of their new models (made up until they started adding to the line-up in the past year or so). The CS-440 and CS-800's were the least impressive of the bunch. The CS-670 and CS-6700's are just "OK". The CS-510 absolutely ROCKS! By far and above the best HP to weight ratio in their older line-up. Not sure about the newer models they came out with recently?

Couple of things required with a CS-510 (not sure about the CS-600 and other new stuff they came out with?), muffler mod, richen it up some, and get a real chain on it.

I've been looking pretty hard at getting a CS-600. It will be nice to see some field reports/testing etc......Cliff

I ran it. Just another weak saw. They keep upgrading their equipment to look more like Stihl. While they make them look better they will never be able to duplicate the power.
The rep told me that as soon as the chain wore down he would be putting Stihl chain on it to make it cut faster. LOL.....

I ran it. Just another weak saw. They keep upgrading their equipment to look more like Stihl. While they make them look better they will never be able to duplicate the power.
The rep told me that as soon as the chain wore down he would be putting Stihl chain on it to make it cut faster. LOL.....

They'd have to cut Echo's power in half to duplicate Stihl's power. Steve

thanks for the review, mow.

i do see more here than just looking like stihl though. the 600p is unlike the cs-520 and cs-440 style saws and their clamshell bolted to metal frame. this one is a vertically split case! see below. i bet the saw is weak, i have no reason to doubt your review. but i do see potential here. who knows, a little port work and a muff mod and this thing might rrrrrip!!!

600p.jpg

The CS-510 is a split case, pretty sure the CS-440 is as well. The CS-370 and CS-400 are clamshell designs.

The CS-510 has great power and responds extremely well to opening up the restrictive muffler. The CS-440 I had, didn't respond well at all. Rumor has it that the porting in the CS-440 isn't nearly as generous as the CS-510, but I've never had them down that far to compare.....Cliff

Latest posts

Back