Echo CS300 good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kogafortwo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Local Craigslist here has an Echo CS300 top-handle climber's saw for $100 with a 16 inch bar.

1. Is that a good deal, assuming the saw is in OK shape?
2. Why would anyone put a 16" bar on a climber saw? I don't climb so I don't know, just sounds long to have up in the tree with you.

Saving up for a steel tool shed, but I might have enough left over to nab this saw if it's a real deal. Sounds pretty handy for little limbing etc.

Opinions please!

It's intended for limbing up in the tree, but most use it for limbing on the ground, small firwood cutting, you know.

Good lightweight saw. Compare it to the current CS-330, same basic machine, 330 has a couple more CC's...

It will pull the 16" chain no problem, probably would be more comfortable with a 12 or 14" b & c, but the 16" was an option. They start easily, dont gulp fuel, and did I mention they are light?

You could use it for cutting oak and such, 6-8", 10" logs, it'll do it. Wont be surprisingly fast, but it'll go through it. Keep the chain sharp and it'll keep on pulling.

Last edited:
Local Craigslist here has an Echo CS300 top-handle climber's saw for $100 with a 16 inch bar.

1. Is that a good deal, assuming the saw is in OK shape?
2. Why would anyone put a 16" bar on a climber saw? I don't climb so I don't know, just sounds long to have up in the tree with you.

Saving up for a steel tool shed, but I might have enough left over to nab this saw if it's a real deal. Sounds pretty handy for little limbing etc.

Opinions please!

koga, echo top handles are doo doo.

no doubt about that.

Throw the 16" away if you get it. Add $30-40 for a 12" b&c also. So $140 for a used cs300? Nope, keep looking.....

I agree, unless it is absolutely clean and barely used. It would have to crank in 3 pulls or less COLD, oil right, and be spotless.

Thanks for the advice. I'll skip it for now. Still saving up for a tool shed to store all the stuff I've already got. Plus I need a Stihl HT pole saw more than I need a little top-handle.

Latest posts

Back