Echo CS550P... Any experience with this saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Derrickhand

Derrickhand

ArboristSite Lurker
If there is anyone out there who has experience with the Echo CS550p, could you please weigh in with your insight? I have an opportunity to buy one at a farm store which has been marked down over $100.00. I think it's at 379 now. I already have the 600p and love it. Just curious if this saw would compliment(for the money) at all or just be a boat anchor? I searched on evilbay already and brought up very little. Makes me wonder if even Echo didn't abandon this saw.

bootboy

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
It'll just be a weaker version of your 600 with a cheaper bar. The saws share the same chasis. The 550 is ported differently depending on what version of the 600 you have. The 600p is a great saw. Send it to the monkey with that spare change.

VI sawguy

VI sawguy

ArboristSite Operative
The 550P is a good saw but wouldn't make much sense if you already have a 600P. The 550 is a 55cc strato saw built on the 600P chassis so it is underpowered for its size. The 550P is being replaced in the lineup by the CS-590

Derrickhand

Derrickhand

ArboristSite Lurker
Sounds good everybody. Thanks for your input! I really was considering getting that 600P a work upgrade. Spending the cash on that upgrade instead of another saw that's essentially the same only a tad weaker makes far more sense. Are you guys talking about mastermind when you say the monkey? I know he really likes the new echos.

Latest posts