Echo model ID help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2dumb4words

2dumb4words

ArboristSite Operative
Wondering what model this is. Seller has no model#. Pic sucks too. Says it has a new carb and chain (no idea how he go either without a model). Decent "truck saw"? Or TURD?

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yup a CS-302. One of the first light saws from the early 70's. Made until about '79 when the CS-302S took its place. Good saw i have a few of them in Kioritz, Craftsman and JD versions. Some had 25 AP chain and some had the 91S which i switched all of mine over to. Same disp of the CS-315 just had a few more features...Bob

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
They are gutsy little saws.

They are RandyMac
Approved_Red_Stamp.png

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
Somebody needs to have a 302 ported, by someone who knows what they are doing, I think there will be surprises.

Just tell me where to send one :). The biggest problem with those small saws is they overheat real bad when its hot out so it will run better ported but won't cut any longer until its hot. I have been running my CS-315 since '77 and its still perfect...Bob

mattinky

mattinky

Addicted to ArboristSite
Echo saws have an oval shaped metal tag with the model# riveted to the crankcase, usually under the clutch cover towards the bottom of the saw

Zombiechopper

Zombiechopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
like one these things? This is of a 315 but someone said it was same motomatizer
[video=youtube;fvKIao9OzQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fvKIao9OzQs[/video]
Is your memory trustworthy Randy? I mean, like... just sayin and stuff. Never so much as seen one of these but from what I can tell from the vids I can find they aren't worth fixing let alone porting.

LegDeLimber

LegDeLimber

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looks a lot like my (mid 70's) 302.
Original carb on mine is a Tilitson, takes a RK-14-HU kit.
No knuckle guard on them back then, but otherwise looks the same.
still running 1/4 pitch chain on a 14" hard nose bar.

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
like one these things? This is of a 315 but someone said it was same motomatizer
[video=youtube;fvKIao9OzQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fvKIao9OzQs[/video]
Is your memory trustworthy Randy? I mean, like... just sayin and stuff. Never so much as seen one of these but from what I can tell from the vids I can find they aren't worth fixing let alone porting.

Nothing wrong with my memory.

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

spiders001.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Latest posts