Echo (Yamabiko Corporation) to acquire Husqvarna chainsaw division

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Fir

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In a joint press release issued this morning, it was announced that Echo Incorporated, a division of the Yamabiko Corporation, will acquire the Husqvarna chainsaw division. A spokesman for Echo stated that acquisitions have proven an effective way to obtain new technologies. "As with our previous purchase of Shindaiwa, the Husqvarna acquisition will allow us to update our technology. Husqvarna has done some interesting things with AutoTune. We want to offer our customers the best new chainsaw technology. This purchase provides the quickest path forward."

In its press release, Husqvarna states that the sale of its chainsaw division will allow it to concentrate its resources on lawn care products. In an interview, corporate spokesman Sven Felldin stated that "this new focus will allow us to better serve both lawn care professionals and homeowners, while boosting shareholder value."

Chainsaws produced by the joint company will continue to be marketed under both the Echo and Jonsered brands. The Husqvarna brand will be dropped from the chainsaw line "to avoid customer confusion".

Press releases | Husqvarna Group

Press Releases | ECHO USA

Last edited:
:rock: :eek:uttahere2: :msp_thumbsup: :clap:

The joke i've read today.

I would have figured that for Tommy Hall but the grammar was too good. Good gut buster. I forwarded it to my wife and she said "Good thing you have all Stihl's or you'd have to buy a bunch of new saws". I guess the jokes on me.

I like the fact that the OP even went so far as to add links to the press releases. Very well thought out, bordering on premeditated, probably not someone to f#$% with.:msp_biggrin:

Back