Efco 152 long term test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oakcutter

oakcutter

ArboristSite Member
Got a question for all you guys.......I have a 152 and finally got a tach on it. It's running right around 12,000. Could it use a little adjustment or would you guys leave it? I only cut firewood, but I do want it to be running good. So far I couldn't be happier with it though. Great saw.........

erikvr

erikvr

ArboristSite Member
Got a question for all you guys.......I have a 152 and finally got a tach on it. It's running right around 12,000. Could it use a little adjustment or would you guys leave it? I only cut firewood, but I do want it to be running good. So far I couldn't be happier with it though. Great saw.........
If it's run in then it could be set to 12500 RPM. (+/- 500) . Some prefer a bit richer, I prefer recommended settings.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Addicted to ArboristSite

If the saw cleans up/Quits 2 stroking in the cut leave it alone.

oakcutter

oakcutter

ArboristSite Member
Well, I couldn't be happier with this saw. Cut a lot of wood with it. My only complaint is that the throttle is seeming to hang up a little. I saw a post on one of the first pages that said you had to keep it lubed. I lubed everything I could find in there, and it isn't working. Anyone have any tips? Other than that, I am really happy I bought this saw.

Hedgerow

Hedgerow

HACK
Well, I couldn't be happier with this saw. Cut a lot of wood with it. My only complaint is that the throttle is seeming to hang up a little. I saw a post on one of the first pages that said you had to keep it lubed. I lubed everything I could find in there, and it isn't working. Anyone have any tips? Other than that, I am really happy I bought this saw.
Check the throttle shaft on the carb it's self. Sometimes they don't want to snap back to idle all the way after running full throttle.

erikvr

erikvr

ArboristSite Member
I have the 947 but the Anti Vibration is far worse then I experience with other saws. Maybe the AV springs can be changed with Husky springs?

947: 5.9 (sx) / 6.9 (dx) m/s

952: 6.1 (sx) / 7.4 (dx) m/s

oldpartsinasia-joe

oldpartsinasia-joe

ArboristSite Operative
It's year 2024 now and I have still have a few units of NOS EFCO 152 Chainsaw (and of course some spareparts)
Any one wants a piece of history or to relive the past? PM me

-oldpartsinasia Joe

Latest posts