• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Efco 156 or 162

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kegerator5

Champ = THE Powerhorse lol
Reaction score
Looking to buy an Efco 156 or 162. In fully running, cutting, working order.

Can buy outright or if you are interested I have some saws to barter with?
Redmax G621avs. Ported.
Redmax G300avs. I believe only needs a clutch, can double check if interested?? but rare good saw.
Efco MT-5200. No issues at all.
Dolmar PS-401. I believe this one is good to go, can double check.
Stihl MS 192TC (rear handle version). needs a primer bulb? but im pretty sure that is it..
and some other saws possibly?.... feel free to ask if you have a saw im interested in...
thanks.

Lol.. I had it typed, and deleted it.. Should've left it up... I knew it would happen. Always does.

I never truly need a 60cc saw. Only time I used one was for tree trunks that were too thick for my 45cc redmax, and then I'd get out either the 550xp or efco 152. Far and few between did I feel it it necessary to get the 60cc saw. Sometimes after a long day, if I wanted to just zip thru it... That's when. United of course, after a long day my back was hurting lol.

Anyways, for those few times, I figured, I have a redmax G621avs ported... And another that's not ported. So I sold off my stihl 036 pro. And my husqvarna. And, about 2 weeks ago, sold my John Deere cs56.

Well, what do you know... My buddy asks me if I'd help him here and there on weekends. And I have in the past. Which is what led to me buying the husqvarna. But he sold his wood stove. And said he was done with that.. So I didn't think he'd be asking for help again. Wrong. I guess he still wants to cut for family, friends, and to sell. And it'd be more recreation... Do it until we are sick of it that day, that weekend.. Well, maybe that's not correct wording... Do it until we convince ourselves we have plenty to split, stack and sell during the week lol. And I don't want to go drop big money on a 60cc saw. I was looking at the echo timberwolf cs-590... Than cs-600... Than dolmar 6100... Dolmar way too expensive, and you never find them used. And if you do, they are still quite expensive lol. So, that led me back to efco. I always liked the 152. So I figured I'd look for a 156-162...

And hopefully I can barter a saw for it, rather than buy it... That's my hopes.. Because I believe I have a few decent desirables in right now...

Efco 162, someone out there has one they want to trade? Lol..

Still have new in the box 156 and 165 Efcos. $500 each + S/H

Used 156 and 165 saws $295 each
Used ugly ish 962 $295

Latest posts

Back