Efco 951 - opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayC

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A friend offered me an Efco 951 for fairly cheap - '01 model. It seems like a pretty good runner - lots of compression and runs well. The seller is older, and is selling it simply because it is hard to pull (did I mention good compression)? I haven't been able to find much info about the saw using searches - anyone familiar with this particular model? It is worth getting for around the house use and light firewood tasks? How do they hold up?

Thanks - JayC

A friend offered me an Efco 951 for fairly cheap - '01 model. It seems like a pretty good runner - lots of compression and runs well. The seller is older, and is selling it simply because it is hard to pull (did I mention good compression)? I haven't been able to find much info about the saw using searches - anyone familiar with this particular model? It is worth getting for around the house use and light firewood tasks? How do they hold up?

Thanks - JayC

As the company in Reggio Emilia Italy has changed names several times [ Efco, Oleo Mac, Olympyk] you might find details of the saw looking up the other names. Oleo Mac still manufacture a 951F & Olympyk made a 951, both if IRC around the 50cc`s mark. Cannot say about Efco, but the Oleo`s I have owned & own are well made & decently performing saws, I would say that they are on a level with the eqiv more popular brands, maybe just a touch more weight. It seems to be a bit of an Italian thing to not market their products to much, as I think that the Pro saws from this company, & also Alpina/Castor were at the time of manufacture up with the better known brands. Just my opinion

Not sure about the 951, but do the search on the Efco 152. I think its basically the same saw. If it were me, and its cheap, I'd just buy it!!!! LOL.

Back