EFCO Brand - Please leave me your feedback!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a mtd/Remington, very heavy and bulky compared to the Efco 156 sitting on the shelf next to it at Menards for
$250 for the 55cc model, looks identical to the 51cc. I think a Poulan 5020 is a much better value at Tractor Supply for $180:msp_mellow:
302835d1372790876-remington-rodeo-chainsaw-jpg

Same manufacturer as the new Mac?
Or different all together??

Home depot has the IPL and its not a clam shell motor which a poulan is correct? thats also why I thought it might be the efco

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/24/244f16ea-60e4-412f-9709-a1f6fc0ea9a9.pdf

increase compression...neat saw I think I need one too. fwiw I'd like to know who is making these for cub cadet and remington

weak primer bulb set up and that impulse hose is bound to fail at some point. but looks to have large transfers and mabye a windowed piston ?

Last edited:
it is a mtd/remington, very heavy and bulky compared to the efco 156 sitting on the shelf next to it at menards for
$250 for the 55cc model, looks identical to the 51cc. I think a poulan 5020 is a much better value at tractor supply for $180:msp_mellow:
302835d1372790876-remington-rodeo-chainsaw-jpg

repped ! :)

All I see on their web site now is the smaller xx00 series, and the 152. Either they're getting ready to roll out some new big stuff, or they've given up and just want to sell Menards-grade saws.

Hmmm, had not noticed that. Sadly, another point towards being on the way out, rather than up.

Efco dealer locator (notorious for listing dealers no longer with them) shows one dealer 20 miles away. I might call down there Monday and see if they actually still sell them. Otherwise there are 3 dealers listed in the Cities as "Sales and service", and quite a few more as "service only".

Still trying to follow up: anybody heard anything about Efco rebranding or re-marketing itself?

Just curious. I was waiting to see if they were in the middle of some kind of turn-around, but it has been a while.

Their website is still up, but I don't see them anywhere. Most of the dealer locations are marked 'Service Only'.

Philbert

I just picked up a low-hour non-running John Deere CS-40 (Efco 940). I like the design and initial quality looks OK. I got into the saw last night and there was a very week spark. I reset the air gap to .010" and the spark was still erratic and week. I tightened it up to .006 and it fired up and ran real nice till it heated up and died. Checked for spark and it was weak again. I disconnected the kill wire and have the same results. Does anyone know if the coil is specific to this saw? I'd like to get this one up and running. It looks like it has potential.

MP5N

I just picked up a low-hour non-running John Deere CS-40 (Efco 940). I like the design and initial quality looks OK. I got into the saw last night and there was a very week spark. I reset the air gap to .010" and the spark was still erratic and week. I tightened it up to .006 and it fired up and ran real nice till it heated up and died. Checked for spark and it was weak again. I disconnected the kill wire and have the same results. Does anyone know if the coil is specific to this saw? I'd like to get this one up and running. It looks like it has potential.

MP5N
Start a new thread. You're not gonna get any traffic buried in here.

Agreed. I was looking forward to a major competitor to the 2 big boys. Guess that aint gonna happen.

Efco is sponsoring banner ads here on AS. Are they 'back'?

Philbert
They never have been away as far as I am aware. It will take them years and big bucks to overcome the emotional overflow and the negative rep they recieved here. But then again they were never, like Dolmar/Makita, Hitachi/Tanaka, Echo/Shinadaiwa, etc, ever a major player that could even think of putting up with the major two players! Just a guess but I assume Efco's whole advertisement budget is probalbly the size of Stihl's homeowner saws. With what are they going to win?

Efco is doing away with all their bigger saws in the US. Biggest is going to be the 152. I LOVE my 152, but the company could sure do a lot better from the business end. Too bad, they have great saws.........

Latest posts

Back