efco saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CS62 and larger Efco's are professional duty saws. Parts are available though admittedly not abundant like Husky and Stihl parts. Should last as long as a Husky or a Stihl and worth a rebuild when the time comes.

My John Deere dealer told me that the John Deere saws were Efco saws but with a different name and color. If that is the case then parts shouldnt be to hard to come by.

My John Deere dealer told me that the John Deere saws were Efco saws but with a different name and color. If that is the case then parts shouldnt be to hard to come by.

JD recently dropped the Efco saws and instead partnered with Stihl.

Dunno how much longer Efco parts will be available from JD.

Baileys sells Efco saws and can get you Efco parts for the models that they sell.

It would sure be nice if all brands of saw parts were readily available online.

What parts do I need ? Be nice to have a spare air filter for each of my Efcos. One of these years I will need a carb kit. One of these years I'll need a new piston & rings, maybe new seals and gaskets, etc.. Just normal stuff.

Like I said, it would be nice to have an online source for parts. There's no efco dealer near me, and I don't have a phone. Efco's are good saws, and more people would buy them if parts were readily available.

I like the CS62, good all around saw.

Good 2 saw combo you have in the 980 and 62. :clap:

I'm toying with the idea of getting my 970 ported by someone...since I have the 044 for the 70cc class. Or finding a 980 donor saw. I've compared the IPL's between the 980 and 970 and there's not to many different parts besides the obvious (piston and cylinder, crank).

Kevin

there were also homelite saws colored green and yellow.
attachment.php

The CS62 and larger Efco's are professional duty saws. Parts are available though admittedly not abundant like Husky and Stihl parts. Should last as long as a Husky or a Stihl and worth a rebuild when the time comes.

Last year's 56cc was the same saw as the 62cc with a smaller piston. The 50cc and below were clamshell. I'm not sure about the newest ones with the four digit model numbers.

I have a John Deere CS46 and it is not a clamshell. I believe that the 40cc and under saws are clamshell design.

recently got an efco from baileys was a little disapointed it was made in china
What model did you get? I was really thinking of ordering one to give it a try. But that little voice in my head kept me from doing it, that and the wife wanted a new computer. And are dollar sucks right now!

There is a saw shop in the next town over from me that sold Husqvarna for years, I went there the other day and the shelves were lined with Efco. He's a pretty good guy so I didn't question it. I'll be sticking with Huskies for now.

I'm starting to see these efco saws for sale all over are they any good???

They suck, they're awful and I never want to see anyone using one of them, ever!

Well not really, they're well made saws, I just think they're butt ugly and they have become a bit of a cancer since JD dropped them.

Latest posts

Back