Eggs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But still a weasel.....
The only good weasel is a dead weasel.
I lost a bunch of chicks just in a week after they got here. a weasel pulled them out and had a kill display. I set traps but got nothing. A few weeks later my old Mine coon got him. Big snarl on the weasel's face. Good cat, still miss him.

I can't say much. We had 6 barred rock chicks and 6 Americana. I was dumb enough at tractor supply to look at the chicks. Well 6 Barred rock leftovers at$1.00 per bird. My wife said we don't need em but They were a week of from ours and they blended right in. WE still had 8 Golden comet layers so we had lots of eggs next year.

BIL is hatching me a few, due this weekend. I gave him 1 1/2 dozen black copper maran eggs and 1/2dozen of my free hen eggs. I only have one bc maran rooster so I am interested how the free hen chicks turn out. I lost my white leghorn hen to a injury. Went to gather eggs and she was huddled in the corner of the coop with a bad leg. Leg didnt feel broken. She managed to drag herself to the water and feed bucket so I figured she would be ok. Next morning she was dead. Down to 4 hens currently, but I did manage to get 5 eggs one day last week. Not sure how that happened, but the free hen had two eggs that day.

IMG_2838.jpeg

A weeks worth. Turkey eggs on the left and Maren chicken eggs on the left. Would have had 5 more turkey eggs but they get stepped on by the Tom sometimes. I thought there was more chicken eggs, my wife said she gave a dozen away.

We have 17 laying age right now. Most have finished molting and started laying again. Averaging 12-15 eggs a day. Can't even give them away fast enough. Can't wat till the new 8 start laying.

Back