EGO Pole Saw Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmerCharlie

Reaction score
I have a stand-alone EGO trimmer and an EGO ZTR mower, which work pretty well. Now I am looking for a pole saw for occasional use, and I have looked at the EGO 10 inch stand-alone pole saw vs the multi-head system. I can get the stand-alone bare saw for $299 (Model PS1000) or $399 with battery and charger (Model PS1001). I can get the multi-head pole saw for $219 ( Model MPS1000) or $319 with battery and charger (Model MPS1001).

To me, the stand-alone saw makes more sense. It is supposedly more powerful and lighter, but it has the motor mounted on the top. The multi-head system has the motor mounted at the bottom with a drive shaft going up the pole. I'm not sure which would be easier to use in practice.

Any opinions would be welcomed. Would the stand-alone saw with the motor on the top be top-heavy and harder to maneuver in spite of its less weight overall? Is the LED Cut Line Indicator on the stand-alone saw a useful feature or just a gimmick?

Thanks,
Charlie

Latest posts

Back