electro clutch make and number for rg1625?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWALLIN

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what the brand name and part number is for the electromagnetic clutch on a rayco 1625 model year 1996? I can find similar looking ones for about half the cost that the manufacturer is selling them for but the one on mine has no writing on it at all. Any help is appreciated!

Rayco 1625 electromagnetic clutch

I have removed the large, fine thread bolt from the end of the shaft, disconnected all belts and unplugged the electrical cable. Before using a gear puller, is there anything else I need to "loosen or remove"? What type/style gear puller has someone used successfully, two finger or three finger puller? I assume the fingers go behind the movable clutch plate?

That should be all.
You probably won't need a puller to get it off. They aren't on there that tight, it is primarily the key that keeps it tight. I can usually just pull them off with my hands. There is probably a spacer washer between the hyd pump pulley and the engine, make sure you don't lose it.

Thanks Canada Tree. It did come off with a little encouragement from the gear puller but nothing special. It's now off, the problem appears to be the inner bearing.... and the hunt begins. Thanks again.

I had the same bearing go on one of my machines, caused the clutch to drag and make a horrible metal on metal noise. It did take some perseverance, but I was able to split my clutch and replace the bearings only at a cost of about $60. There are 3 pieces to the clutch, and the hard part is getting the center engagement plate out without bending it.
Good Luck!!

I had the same bearing go on one of my machines, caused the clutch to drag and make a horrible metal on metal noise. It did take some perseverance, but I was able to split my clutch and replace the bearings only at a cost of about $60. There are 3 pieces to the clutch, and the hard part is getting the center engagement plate out without bending it.
Good Luck!!

The bearing went bad in mine last year, tried to press it out of the clutch ( i have a 30 ton shop press ) but gave up after about 1 hour. Ordered a new one from Rayco $400.00.

Bearing has been shot on mine for awhile. Have used a needle adapter for a grease gun to get some grease into the bearing, but it screeches pretty bad unless the clutch is engaged. Am just reluctant to put new shoes on a worn out horse, but replacing just the bearing instead if the entire clutch sounds promising.

Latest posts

Back