End of an era

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
logcutter429

logcutter429

ArboristSite Operative
I don't know how many of you guys are actual timbercuttersbut were seeing machines taking over an industry that most of us love,i know i've been replaced a dozen times over as many years, saws are going to be a thing of the past in years to come, i guess they will always be helicopter logging , but for the rest of us who wants to work at home ,thats probably it, all of us that cuts in contests will be all thats left to keep the saws alive, any logcutters out there?

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Logcutter, over the last couple of years we are seeing the same thing around here, New York State. I guess it`s the liabilty insurance and productivity issues coupled with the hassles of managing people that is making alot of folks go to machines. Machines are definitely changing the demographic, now we are seeing a bunch of middle aged and older guys just becoming "loggers", rather than starting out young and becoming work hardened enough through the years to keep up with it as they get older. I guess this is progress. Russ

StIhL MaGnUm

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey guy's,

I have been doing this for a few years now,and I love to do just about everything with my saw's,but on some occasions when the tree's are only 8-12" around that's when I use my Hydro-Ax other than that it sit's and collects dust:eek: .All my friends tell me I'm crazy for using saw's for everything but that's the way I like to work.They're all turning into :mad: "Yuppy":rolleyes: loggers and turning to their machines instead of their saw's,but I guess there's an ass for every seat right?

Later
Rob

cringo

cringo

I think the yuppy crowd would be better off burning gas or oil that way they would not ????? so much because the wood you sold them burned up too fast. Aint nothing better than falling a tree in the middle of nowhere, smelling clean air and going to work on it. Here's to sawdust in yer teeth

JimL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ohhhhhh a hydro ax, thats one piece of heavy equipment I havent opperated.. always wanted to take one for a spin.

Latest posts