Engine Options on Bandit Chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trees CT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking at a getting a new 990xp from a local dealer and there are two machines; one with an 84hp kubota ($30,000) and the other an 84hp perkins ($28,500). The perkins has been demoed a couple times and has a dent in the engine cover guard so I could probably knock down the price a bit but I am wondering if anyone had any input on going with a kubota or perkins? Do these prices sound reasonable?

I've got a 130hp Perkins in my 1590xp it's a great engine. I've only had the chipper less than a year but it had 400 hours when I got it, no problems to speak of. When I was researching chippers and engine combos I found nothing but good things about the Perkins although a lot of people seem to prefer the John Deere or Cummins if available. If I were looking between the two I would go for the Perkins with the dent and get the price down.

jp:D

990 junk

Bandit 990= junk. We have one we bought brand new in upstate ny. paid 28,500 kubota, no winch. Has less then 100 hours on it. So far, oil line leaked all over a customers driveway, fuses blow all the time, discharge from the battery. Wires with melted sheaths in engine compartment. I am a huge bandit fan, but am very dissapointed with this machine. Get a 200 or 250.

Hello Thillmaine1:

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the Model 990XP. Have you talked to anyone at Bandit about these issues? We would like to contact you to discuss further to make sure they are resolved. Please email me your contact information so we can discuss further, my email is [email protected]

Thanks!

I know it is older but I have a 2002 bandit 200xp with the deutz 83hp. Price was too good to turn down a couple years ago. I know another local arborist with a jd and hates it because of fuses as well. Don't know if that helps.

Back