Engine won't idle...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Doubrava

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Was using the big 'ol Mono:D to cut some limbs up, and I started the saw and it did the little bbbmmbbbmmbbbmmmmmbbbmm thing then it revved up to maybe half full throttle. I didn't even touch the trigger! It will not idle down at all, even after tinkering with the carb. The choke was open, and the throttle assembly seemed to work OK. Very odd.

Any suggestions?????????

Robert

The carb was a little loose, but no a lot. It does run slower when choked; it dies out after I turn the choke. But it still does the same thing. I think something happened inside the carb, but I don't have time to mess with the carb. I have another carb that is in pretty good condition that I just overhauled, I will try that one tomorrow after school. Hope it works!

Thanks sedanman!

Robert

Keep us posted.
A friend of mine was just given a Homelite leaf blower that "had no power", and the kill switch didn't work. On this model the kill switch is the throttle linkageand it completely closes the throttle. Well, the jug was loose and sucking air, had been gradually loosening and the owner kept turning down the idle to the point where the kill switch couldn't close the throttle. Tighten jug bolts, adjust idle = properly running blower. Amazingly all that extra air didn't hurt the piston.

That's a good suggestion, but I'm gonna try the carb I rebuilt, then mess with the other one if necessary. The carb on it was from another saw that my Dad got parts from, cause they are interchangeable I guess. The carb worked OK ever since he put it on, but I guess it's time for things to fall apart, LOL.

Robert

Latest posts

Back