Englander 28-3500 blower stays on

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6acres

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just bought and installed a Englander 28-3500. It is in my basement that is around 1500 sq ft. I have only made a few fires so far and noticed that the blower stays on all the time. The stove has to go out almost completely for it to turn off. Is this normal? I see the factory preset is 95 degrees to turn off. Isn't that a very low temp?

Basically as long as your air temps remain above 95 degrees, the blower won't shut off. This is the nature of a woodfurnace, far different from a central furnace. Unfortunately the furnace might be a bit oversized for the home, so it may be hard not to overheat. In mild weather I would recommend building small hot fires, if the home is too warm then let the furnace go out.

I think i turned my low side temp up to around 110 but somtimes i have to smack the side of it or else it never shuts off.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't dun the duct work yet but am planning 2 or 3 register vents. Its been to warm to really test the stove. This is my first wood burner and I have a lot of questions. My biggest concern is the blower and overfireing. If the electric goes out with a full burn going on will I burn my house down? OH BOY Im thinking about a battery backup. Also back to the blower. I may raise the low temp. Any imput is appricated. Thanks

I am going on my 3rd season now with mine and love it but like said it will put out some heat and 1500sqft will definetly warm up in a hurry. The only time I have ever worried about it over heating do to electric failure is when I'm not home. So what I do is simply pick up on the air discharge duct and slide it half way off this way the heat can escape. I am heating a 2400sqft 2 story home not counting the basment where it is in, and it is more than enough.

I had mine pluged in to a power strip once and it tripped the breaker on the power strip, i didnt burn the hose down but i was in bed and smelled that hot steal smell. After that it gets its own circuit.

Latest posts

Back