EPA carb on 357xpg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samhop

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
long story short replaced the drive side of case do to damage put in a pop up 46mm cyl and opened up the exost jest cus we roll like that.
saw runs choked cant get idle and it has all this EPA plastic that limits adjustment. im thinking brake all that epa junk off so i can set the L,H. i think i did this to a 372 i modded but its been a while anyone delt with removing the EPA plastic to get to the right carb settings.
or should i be looking for some other reason for the idle problem like an air leak i did replace crank seal on the side i replaced and i probably should vac and psi test it

air leak was auto de\comp.
going to have to remove and plug both hose and threaded D\C bolt.
Put saw back together jug on base and intake boot intake and ex cover plate and rubber gaskets then air test it again.

357XPG saga finally getting some resolution.
the 357xpg has been on a shelf for years. Got it winter of 2024 we were doing cord wood and the new saw got left in the back of the truck and a cord of green oak rounds dumped on it then went for the ride and got dumped at the wood yard wtf over. Bad oil leak after that saw probably sat till 2010 or so when i got drive side of case from https://chainsawr.com/ my first choice and the best i have found for great used saws and part. Case got split around the time i got the parts and has been sitting in a box intill last year when i modded the muff, deleted base gasket, added dome top piston, gave the cyl a light cross hatch hone, did oil seals, fuel, oil lines and filters. As i posted had what appeared to be an air leek that was the auto de-comp. Now holds air and vac 5psi. BUT STILL RNS LIKE AIR LEEK WTF!
So i went over the carb cleaned and deleted the epa limiters --- still NO JOY.
At this point im pretty frustrated so I put it aside and sleep on it BINGO !
No impulse but no leek --- And part of the G in xpg is really important.
I forgot where the carb heater is supposed to go and put it between the boot and the carb blocking the impulse hole instead of putting the heater plate between the carb and the filter elbow where its supposed to go. Felt like a dumb ass but saw runs great now, i have it dialed back to 13000 till it runs the new ring in jest a tad rich for few tanks then will re-tune.
I really need to take picketers when i brake stuff down the CRS is not getting any better.

Latest posts

Back