EPA - Some states are fighting back!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboy553

Oakaholic
Reaction score
Hey, I don't have to play nice anymore!

The EPA can kiss my fat white, Tier 0 diesel tractor driving azz. I like efficient stoves. They make sense to me. Not everyone feels the same. If I ain't bothering someone else (READ THAT AS: Neighbors), or endagering my own stupid self, then $#$$$ off and stay the heck out of my life. There are enough real threats to the environment, they don't need to invent new ones.

Go ahead and give me all the particulate BS - I ain't buying it. Show me a solid study that tells me how far these particulates, which by definition are heavier than air, really travel.

I just read the article to my wife and am glad to see states pushing back against the fed. I have always believed in states rights over big brother! I am one of the 2% that relies on wood heat as a primary heat source for my house and don't plan on giving it up until my body tells me otherwise.

Del, I can't even comment on what you just said, I would get banned for sure! Would like to know what makes the little neurons in your brain fire the way they do! How you can read that article and say that just floors me!

Ted

I didn't read the article. Read at Hearth and you will see what the regs are really going to mean instead of having Faux news feed it to you.

If I wanted the hippie Hearth view, I'd post over there. Feel free to wander back over there.

(Del's probably missing that dislike button right about now...)

Wood is my only source of heat. I have an old smoke dragon stove that was built by a high school shop class probably thirty years ago. The majority of my neighbors have the same thing.

Nobody complains.

The EPA needs to go after corporate polluters and work on cleaning up some of the SuperFund sites that are still emitting pollutants.

In the meantime I'll keep burning wood.

I hate to say I told ya' so... but... I told ya' so. I told ya' state actions were on the horizon...
I think the type of approach in Minnesota is the correct one (if it passes)... just make all EPA regulations invalid in the state. The next best is what Missouri is doing, removing the power of state officials to enforce EPA regulations. Here in Iowa the lawmakers are between-a-rock-and-a-hard-place, it's damn hard to thumb your nose at the EPA/Feds when the state pulls in all those federal ethanol dollars. 'Course, I was warning about the evils of climbing in bed with the EPA 15-20 years ago; now I can look at 'em and say... I hate to say I told ya' so... but... I told ya' so.

oh-my gosh??? I DIDN'T KNOW WOOD SMOKE WAS BAD! HERE I HAVE BEEN PUTING ALL THOSES BAD AZZ ASH'ES FROM THE STOVE INTO MY GARDEN!!!! what do I do now as I will probably grow something out of the body im not meant to have??? or worse yet a second set of lungs strapped to the outer side of the face with a black hose?? or maybe I am already dead from all the years of toiling with the bad azz heavy particles of free living! GOD FORBID!!

Blanket 'solutions' to localized 'problems'.
Nice to see some locales speaking up for themselves.

Thank the GOP for creating the EPA!

I'm ain't thankin' anyone.
It don't matter cold squat who created it... the EPA does the bidding of the current White House administration, it's a regulatory agency.
If the current administration has the ideology of less regulation, than the EPA won't make more...
If the current administration has the ideology of more regulation, than the EPA will make more...
That's the way it works, always has, and always will... no different than any other regulatory agency.
Wake up already, a regulatory agency is just a way for the executive branch to increase power... and it don't matter cold squat what political party.

I think the new technology stoves are superior and better in many ways and getting one to replace an airtight is a step in the right direction ... However forcing everyone by law to only be able to buy an EPA unit is not constitutional and unjust we shouldn't be forced to buy only that just like we shouldn't be forced to buy health insurance .health insurance is really good to have but if my neighbor doesn't want it or feel the need to get it then why should he be forced too !who is the government to force us to do what they say I thought it was "we" the people ????I have 3 wood burners I heat with 100% wood heat and no backup all of mine including my furnace are EPA certified and have reburn technology . I love them and enjoy the benefits of the new designs ...but that doesn't mean everyone should be forced to buy one and have no other option . Typical liberal mindset government a clear over reach of power . People need to realize Someone who foolishly burns trash or green wood and smokes up the neighborhood will do the same thing weather it's EPA certified or not .its the attitude and responsibility level of the person running it not the appliance !yes an EPA unit burns cleaner but I'm talking smoking up the neighbors place. ..i have run enough different wood burners over the years to say you can get them all to bellow smoke like a coal train into the neighborhood regardless of if it has secondary tubes or not *if your being stupid and burning wet junk or trash . If someone is being irresponsible and polluting the air then that should be addressed on a personal basis by the city not a national federal law that punishes everyone because a handful of hill jacks want to burn tires in their outdoor wood boiler . Al gores limos giant mansions and personal jets make more pollution in a month than most people probably do in a lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back