Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightning Performance

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't really know where to post this.

I'm new to modern epoxy pouring.
Completely understand epoxies and the basics. Bubbles are the least of my worries.
Fully aware what sealed means to make any pour besides a self leveling flat top like was done in the old days poured with polyurethane finish done thirty years ago. Those were messy, had a lot of cleanup and finish work on the edges. This shouldn't be an issue.

Temperature is my concern. Like automotive paint it needs to be relatively even through the curing cycle or lightly baked in the booth.

Second concern is sanding scratches showing through once finished. Going to experiment with natural unfinished wood also.

Have some superglue available for quick repairs. The top and wormy live edge is going to be multiple coats with a paintbrush. Sanding again with 1,??? before the top final finish then cleanup the edge after and buff it up some. Will likely need some wet sanding at the end. Grew up in an auto collision repair shop. Prepared enough things for paint to know my way around finishes.

Any tips for modern wood working?

Latest posts

Back