Ergovation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got mine last week and took awhile to get use too, but it seems very comfortable. No saddle bite yet. Just hope the velco holds up!

Well the clips for the leg straps have velcro that folds over the clip and attaches to the leg strap kinda holding the clip locked in... I knew this was going to be an issue when i got it. The velcro does not to seem to be holding on that good any more but I can trim it a bit.. I still got both of my buck saddles from years ago and would have my first one but a kid that was working with me left it on the trailer and I drove away. It got picked up. The saddles that I had before were the buckingham with two sliding d rings. But the one I lost had also the large D's on the sides. This was a great saddle. Getting off topic. I just wanted to share with what I was comparing to. Also the older saddles I had have the bosun seat. With the buck ero I think for the price the thing could of have came with some equipment hooks. Man its a climbing saddle not a recliner and stretching my legs apart aloft is sometimes more difficult with this saddle then my older ones. What saddle are you use to??

the ergovation is a very comfortable saddle. im actually a friend of Ed Carpenter the designer of the belt. Hes a trainer with NATS. a arborist safety training company. great teacher. its a great saddle for work or play. ive trimmed some large canopy oak and alot of up and pine removals and it just holds up like a beast!!

new saddle

I am looking for a new saddle, currently use buckingham master classic
anyone use the new petzl sequoia swing? It has built in adjustable bosun seat and sliding bridge.

I don't have the Sequoia swing but I do have the older Petzl Mini Boss which has the same boson seat. Very comfortable when you get it adjusted right where you want it. Actually the most comfortable saddle I have worked in. You can adjust it for a snug fit and it's not too much different than leg loops, a lot more comfortable than loops though.

If you look at the pic in my avatar I am kicked back reclining in the saddle. Very comfy with the stiff battan seat.

Went to Vermeer store today. Came home with Treemotion saddle.

Did some more reading and watched some videos. Called Jim and asked if I could bring it back and order a Egrovation.

The Egrovation just looks better built. And at 190lbs naked I didnt like the 220lbs weight limit on the Treemotion.

Did I do the right thing ?

Back