ethanol free gas, 'er, gas free ethanol?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacemule

The Peanut Gallery
Reaction score
Saw a station in Fayetteville for the first time today with a sign that advertised no ethanol in the gas. Anyone else saw one in Arkansas?

I keep a log of my fuel mileage. The next 2 or 3 tanks, I'm going to get gas at that station and note any differences.

I just bought a bucket of vp. I know that doesnt have any in it but i'm going to mix it 50 50 with 92 so i can get around 98 to 100 octane.

In the last 2 years, I've never found anything under 5% here at the pump. I hate it, but have learned to live with it in "alternative" ways.

I just bought a bucket of vp. I know that doesnt have any in it but i'm going to mix it 50 50 with 92 so i can get around 98 to 100 octane.

Unless you have a hotsaw, I wouldn't even bother going that high on octane. Mixing race fuel 50/50 with 87 pump gas will save you a little bit of money and still yield a very high-octane fuel. BTW, there are laws written to make this practice (mixing ethanol gas with non-ethanol fuel) illegal during spring & summer. This is due to concerns about volatility of the resulting blend being higher than the either of the parts, causing greater evaporative emissions. The good news: it's fall now.

Don't forget that changing fuel will alter your carb settings.

Last edited:
I went to Missouri once. Went in a local diner, whole family except the baby were smoking with one hand, eating with the other. Never forgot that.

I keep a log of my fuel mileage. The next 2 or 3 tanks, I'm going to get gas at that station and note any differences.

In the early 90's, when Colorado had ethanol blend in the winter, and straight fuel in the summer, my 91 Chevy with the TBI 350 would lose about 1 mpg during the winter........

Outside of the I-25 corridor on the Front Range, ethanol blend isn't required, but the refineries in Denver all make ethanol year 'round, and that's where the majority of gas comes from. But some of the discount/cheap stations import gas from New Mexico that doesn't have ethanol--unfortunately, it ain't the best of gasoline, and doesn't have the other additives found in the "brand name" gas.

Casey

In the last 2 years, I've never found anything under 5% here at the pump. I hate it, but have learned to live with it in "alternative" ways.

Unless you have a hotsaw, I wouldn't even bother going that high on octane. Mixing race fuel 50/50 with 87 pump gas will save you a little bit of money and still yield a very high-octane fuel. BTW, there are laws written to make this practice (mixing ethanol gas with non-ethanol fuel) illegal during spring & summer. This is due to concerns about volatility of the resulting blend being higher than the either of the parts, causing greater evaporative emissions. The good news: it's fall now.

Don't forget that changing fuel will alter your carb settings.

I have a slinger built saw just tryin to be safe :) also nice smell

Here in minnesota most gas is at least 10% ethanol by law. You can get 91 octane at some stations without ethanol. You have to look for the pumps marked nonoxegenated. We finally got approved to get the non ethanol fuel in the barrel at work. You should see what ethanol can do to a tractor carb. I've seen ethanol soke up water and seperate out inside of two weeks in a tractor. I sure won't run that stuff in a chainsaw or anything else that can sit for any length of time.:angrysoapbox:

i guess that i do and i should have a snellerized 660 on the way also!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait for it to come!!!!!!!!!

In the early 90's, when Colorado had ethanol blend in the winter, and straight fuel in the summer, my 91 Chevy with the TBI 350 would lose about 1 mpg during the winter........

Outside of the I-25 corridor on the Front Range, ethanol blend isn't required, but the refineries in Denver all make ethanol year 'round, and that's where the majority of gas comes from. But some of the discount/cheap stations import gas from New Mexico that doesn't have ethanol--unfortunately, it ain't the best of gasoline, and doesn't have the other additives found in the "brand name" gas.

Casey

Nothing to do with the snow and icy roads? Like running in 4WD, or lower tier pressure for better grip?

Last time I was in north AR (Mountain Home), saw a Sinclair that advertised 'No Ethanol'.

Ethonal is in all the gas around here, south central Mo.
I've had to replace gas line in the 346xp 3 times in the last 5 years.

Back