eucalyptus robusta crown raising over house(VIDEO)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voxac30dude

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
eucalyptus robusta crown raising over house using munter hitch and 7/16 line(VIDEO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tW8tdwIQMk went to work for some friends from my local church and they wanted their kids to learn some tree work. i gladly offered to teach them. i used a munter hitch on a biner with a 1/2 double braid running up to a block set high in the tree on the opposite side of the roof of the house so it would swing out and away from it. it was kinda hairy becuase the roof was an "A" frame.

Last edited:
stupid groundie backed the truck up and squished it. almost took my saddle and saws out too!!!!!! :cry:

stupid groundie backed the truck up and squished it. almost took my saddle and saws out too!!!!!! :cry:

Ahh, I see.. that almost sounds like some strangulation material there. lol.

I hate it when people lean rakes and shovels on the truck or chipper, or other stupid crap like stack tools either behind or in front of the trucks.. really pisses me off.

Ahh, I see.. that almost sounds like some strangulation material there. lol.

I hate it when people lean rakes and shovels on the truck or chipper, or other stupid crap like stack tools either behind or in front of the trucks.. really pisses me off.

yeah or when they buck logs and run the bar into the dirt. arghh
i think the most anoying thing i have come across is when groundies stand under the tree like retards when im making a cut. COME ON!!!! use your common sense people!. even when a load is attached to a rope things can still go wrong.

Last edited:
yeah or when they buck logs and run the bar into the dirt. arghh
i think the most anoying thing i have come across is when groundies stand under the tree like retards when im making a cut. COME ON!!!! use your common sense people!. even when a load is attached to a rope things can still go wrong.

What happened to the groundies PPE?
I am not the PPE police, :cheers:
Jeff :)

i had hardhats but they didn't wanna wear them. it's ok though, one falling stub to the head and they will learn. anyways, it was at a friends house and i was being generous by asking for $25 an hour. they coulden't afford an arborist to do some tree work for them and had a bad accident attempting to do some on their own. that ended up with the wife getting her leg shattered and the husband broke his arm and fell 14 feet. the kids are being stubborn but oh well.

heres part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVhs46gmehk&feature=channel

favorite pics of the day
me4-2.jpg

me6.jpg

me7.jpg

Last edited:
thanks treeMDS. i have only been doing this on my own for about a year now so im still learning alot of stuff in the tree care industry. getting my arborist certification was the first big step. now the the next is to grow my business. it's hard for me becuase im only 20 and young so alot of people dont take me seriously but after the job is done they are always really impressed at what im capable of. we dont have much competition for climbers here becuase there are only a hand full of us in hawaii. most of the tree work companies here in hawaii use bucket trucks so it limits them to what jobs they can do. alot of the properties here have tree's in the back yard and down in vallys and stuff like that. i could definitely use some help full pointers from you guys.

btw i felt soooo dorky wearing my backup skateboarding helmet. so i'll take the heat for it. lol

Last edited:
thanks treeMDS. i have only been doing this on my own for about a year now so im still learning alot of stuff in the tree care industry. getting my arborist certification was the first big step. now the the next is to grow my business. it's hard for me becuase im only 20 and young so alot of people dont take me seriously but after the job is done they are always really impressed at what im capable of. we dont have much competition for climbers here becuase there are only a hand full of us in hawaii. most of the tree work companies here in hawaii use bucket trucks so it limits them to what jobs they can do. alot of the properties here have tree's in the back yard and down in vallys and stuff like that. i could definitely use some help full pointers from you guys.

btw i felt soooo dorky wearing my backup skateboarding helmet. so i'll take the heat for it. lol

Hey Bud, Tell me if I am wrong! I know how you feel. Ready! OK- My first skate -board had steel wheels, then got the hard black clay looking ones that caught every little pebble in the way. Anyway, to relate to your experience, I would like to say that I fell in love with ' Road Rider 4s' .
Jeff CTSP :)

im a ricta wheels fan all the way. i run alien workshop or baker boards with indie trucks and bone swiss bearings. best set up i have had thus far.

That kid had on swimming goggles! AWESOME!
Today, I am going to Wal-Mart to buy a bunch of those, gonna hand them to the guys and tell them that this is a new ANSI requirement!
Cant wait till Monday now!

I have often wondered about skating helmets vs a Petzl,
25 bucks for the skater, 100 bucks for the Petzl, same thing?
I don't mean the Wal-Mart helmets but the decent ones they sale at the skate shops. I have 3 boys, all skate, have spent plenty of time in the skate shops paying for 100 skate shoes,
WHATS WRONG WITH A GOOD OL PAIR OF VANS!

If you are only 20, have yur CA already, you have a REALLY good head start, I have been doing this a LONG time. Never heard of someone that young getting it. Good job and good luck

POWELL PERALTA 4 LIFE

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back