Evaluating the EHP 281 Worksaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
I got a new saw today from EHP for cutting Basswood and other soft stuff like Pine.
Anyway, it seems to really get up and talk and should do the trick rather nicely, and why wouldn't it?
John

Stumper,
You got it all wrong. The saw is fast! its the operator that needs to catch up. I can see it now, Gypo will be lining up 3 or 4 trees to cut. Get a good run at the back side of them and just straight cut the back out of them all because he can be home before they hit the ground.

Later,
Chris

I think you may have discovered how to rotate the pictures on that second video, towards the end, by rotating the camera :)

What chain are you running on that saw? What size sprocket? Any alcohol or nitro? Stock air filter?

Hi Bob, the idea of flipping the camera dawned on me, but after the fact I can only flip jpeg's and not mpeg's. So I guess I will just not flip the camera anymore for mpeg's, however I make it simple and just flip the monitor. lol.
The chain was a hybrid that Hatchet Jack sent me that I assembled myself and had Ed tickle with a square file. I never asked about the mix, but it smelled like Maxima 927. It wasn't running any air filtre though.
Ed said he could make my 385 run like that after spending a few minutes with a dremel.
John

Hi Ricky, thanks. I went the extra mile when I built that chain. Ed just tickled it with the Oberg to smarten it up a bit.
Anyway, if you have any up and coming races I could lend the saw and chain to you.
John

Last edited:
ive just got an older 281xp its in good shape and runs nice,i dont know alot about this model are they any good?i got it to compare it to my 46m and 46ms so far so good

Gypo, you running a 9 or 10 pin sprocket on that 281?

i think Gypo was running a 10 pin on the 281 and his chain grinding has come along way for the better

Back