Even more other uses for firewood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H-Ranch

H-Ranch

Is there an ECHO in here?
. AS Supporting Member.
Sorry, no mouthwatering steaks here.

This is what I worked on this morning:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We live on a private, dead end road and recently have had a few issues with people coming down and turning around in our yard. :check: O.K. - I get it - you made a mistake and are lost, but don't tear up my grass (even if I drive on it myself.) I'll try the kinder, gentler way to make it clear that it's somebody's house before resorting to more drastic measures. Plus I've always wanted a "Montana gate". After it settles a bit I'll add the log across the top. One less log to cut up into firewood.

Mac88

Mac88

Addicted to ArboristSite
We live on a private, dead end road and recently have had a few issues with people coming down and turning around in our yard. :check: O.K. - I get it - you made a mistake and are lost, but don't tear up my grass (even if I drive on it myself.) I'll try the kinder, gentler way to make it clear that it's somebody's house before resorting to more drastic measures. Plus I've always wanted a "Montana gate". After it settles a bit I'll add the log across the top. One less log to cut up into firewood.

Good luck. I've found that even "Private Road" signs don't work for some people. I didn't realize we had so many illiterate people. Nice neighborhood, by the way. Shoot us some pics when you get the top bar installed.

oneoldgeezer

oneoldgeezer

In Remembrance, Jan 2024
How wide is at the top? I just might have just the log you need! I just got all of the tires replaced on the trailer and can load up a load and put the special log on top.

H-Ranch

H-Ranch

Is there an ECHO in here?
. AS Supporting Member.
How wide is at the top? I just might have just the log you need! I just got all of the tires replaced on the trailer and can load up a load and put the special log on top.
It's about 19' to the outside of the poles. The third pole I have is about 20', but it's rather plain so if you have one with a few interesting features that might work. Thanks. Glad you got the trailer back road-worthy.

603doug

603doug

ArboristSite Operative
I have the same problem long driveway but we have a nearby neighborhood of thieves and they drive in and say they are lost. I placed a metal gate and a sign "if you can read this your in range" and so far no issues, also helps to be known as the "crazy f**k who lives up that drive way".