ever use a chain saw in the house?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My house is a log house
All window and door openings were cut and angled with a chainsaw.We had a rough opening from the mudroom to living area,Pete,the log guy asked my wife what kind of opening she wanted, an arch was agreed on,we went down in the basement and heard the saw start,then the sound of logs falling on the floor.Went back up and he was finished.Pete had marked a few pencil lines then away he went,my wife couldn't belive how fast he was with a saw.
Thomas

Yupper!

My good friend also used an old woodboss to rough out for replacement windows in his old farmhouse.

He said the secret of a good carpenter is big trim!

His wife was right there helpin'!

She is the salt of the Earth fo' sure!

Used my trusty Husqvarna 141 in a flip house, after removing the cabinets the floor was rotten from a leaking pipe. In a few minutes the rotten floor was laying in the basement. I consider a 141 husky an essential house flipping tool.

Kit1.JPG

kit41.JPG

kit51.JPG

kit6.JPG
kit7.JPG

312350_4603427205737_1793348337_n.jpg

I was helping a friend remodel and we were taking his electrical panel off the wall and setting it into the wall. We had the power off and everything unhooked and THEN we realized all he had for cutting tools were corded.
I said I have my saw in the truck.
The ported 550xp sounded good in that back room. Most fun I ever had helping a friend remodel.

If you really want a mess use a concrete saw in the house. Here I'm taking out a chimney.

chim1.JPG
chim2.JPG

Waking the kids up...

That's freeken funny, i saw this kid one time react like the one that fell bed. He came to
my garage with friends and had never met me before, i threw my dummy gernaid at him. i couldnt stop laughing for 2 weeks

Yea, I just fired one up in house today. Was working on a 028 for a friend, he said good saw but kill switch don't work. I fixed a bad
connection and was gonna kill it when she poped, but I was stuck with a running saw in my basement cause the damn wire was broke
in the middle also. Live and learn to double check , should have pulled it over with switch off and looked for spark,

Wisewood

I had a big crappy trailer house couch in a trailer house, coudnt get it out the door so I sawed in half
with my buddys saw, I wasnt married at the time so I had foam and wood chips in the house for a long time.
im glad it was mainly foam and wood and not alot of metal and glad i didnt kill myself

I had a big crappy trailer house couch in a trailer house, coudnt get it out the door so I sawed in half
with my buddys saw, I wasnt married at the time so I had foam and wood chips in the house for a long time.
im glad it was mainly foam and wood and not alot of metal and glad i didnt kill myself[/quote

how did u get it in there?

it was in there when i bought the house, I think i wasnt smarter that the couch in my eary 20's
it seemed like a fun idea :) my uncle about peed himself laughing at me.
and ya we were pretty typical trailer trash back then

it was in there when i bought the house, I think i wasnt smarter that the couch in my eary 20's
it seemed like a fun idea :) my uncle about peed himself laughing at me.
and ya we were pretty typical trailer trash back then
Knowing trailer manufacturers, they probably built the walls after moving in.

After every Christmas my e-Makita solves the problem of bringing the christmas tree back outside.

A few years back I dated a girl that had just gotten a rescue kitten before leaving for a company christmas trip to Jamaica. I was left left in charge of this seemingly docile but apparently mentally challenged animal. The last night of her trip I stop at her house to check on it and hear it making a death scream from some where in the house but I can't find it.

After 20 minutes of turning the place upside down I figure out that it's crawled into the heat/AC system via an open vent in the second floor. I used a mechanics mirror to look into a vent on the first floor and can see it trapped in a duct, it's wedged itself in Such a narrow space that it can't move or breathe. I call her in the Dallas airport and she panics about the cat, says get it out alive by whatever means necessary. By this point I called the local PD and they've showed up with a snare pole but it wont fit in any of the vents.

I get out the 455 rancher pull up the Carpet and carve up the floor to get to the vent. Another 10 minutes of work with the dremel and we get the snare pole in and yank the cat out alive but not by much. The 2 police officers couldn't stop laughing about the amount of sawdust and smoke in the house and told me it was the most entertaining call they'd got in months.

Back